1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

Danielle Wins America's Next Top Model 6

By May 17, 2006

The season finale of Top Model ended with some great news for fans of contestant Danielle. The 20-year-old babysitter from Little Rock, Arkansas is the winner of America's Next Top Model! I had been rooting for Danielle for three reasons:

1) I was sick of Tyra putting her down for having a "country" accent. Get over it, Tyra!

2) When I interviewed the eliminated contestants this season, most of them singled out Danielle for being a beautiful person inside and out.

3) She has an amazing portfolio.

Jade, the girl Top Model fans love to hate, was the first finalist eliminated during the season finale. "My confidence was definitely mistaken for arrogance," she said. Then she added that the judges couldn't handle her special look. She read a poem and made her exit -- dancing.

So, it was down to Danielle and Joanie and the two faced off in a runway challenge. In the end, the judges decided that Danielle was their next Top Model.

Photo courtesy of UPN.

Comments

May 17, 2006 at 10:52 pm
(1) Mike Fallon says:

in a world where Elliott Yamin is eliminated even though he exceeds his competitors by leaps and bounds, I’m glad Tyra has her head on straight ennough to know that my girl Danielle is America’s Next Top Model

May 17, 2006 at 11:19 pm
(2) Tricia says:

that’s bs!!! danielle shouldn’t have won, no kidding! she doesn’t even know how to model! joanie should’ve won, she was the best among the 3 finalists. honestly, i would have picked jade over danielle, that gurl should go back to texas!

May 17, 2006 at 11:52 pm
(3) Mary says:

Joanie should have won. Danielle just didnt come across as remarkable, intelligent or versatile enough to be considered the “best” out of all the other girls. Joanie showed her committment by getting the painful dental work done. She also showed more variety in her photos and continued to improve in her posing and increasing confidence. They just didnt want to pick another white girl two seasons in a row.

May 18, 2006 at 12:22 am
(4) top model viewer says:

They both were very good. Both were beautiful.

May 18, 2006 at 12:36 am
(5) Carla says:

That was a hard choice! It would have been sad to see either of them lose. But, I think every picture Danielle took was flawless, and in addition she has the personality and body for just about every type of couture. She can work on her dialect and become absolutely perfect. They both were amazing. They will both go far. Anyone over Jade though.

May 18, 2006 at 12:48 am
(6) kayla says:

well, i didn’t care who won, black or white. i joanie and danielle did an excellent job. we should all be happy that jade didn’t win. I agree with carla when she said “anyone over jade…”

May 18, 2006 at 12:51 am
(7) Chris says:

They were both fabulous and both deserved it, but I was really hoping Danielle would win. You’d have to be made of stone not to be happy for her. She moves right up there with Yoanna on the All-time favorite Top Model list.

May 18, 2006 at 9:17 am
(8) Anita Ware says:

I was hoping Danielle would when all along. She has a very unique and beautiful smile. I also though it was time for another Black America’s Next Top Model. Although Danielle is country she has a great body too. America saw the model in her and so did I. You go Danielle! I wish you only the best in your modeling career.

May 18, 2006 at 10:56 am
(9) Sandra says:

Just because Danielle has a southern accent does not mean that she is not intelligent!!! This Southern girl rocks (it’s obvious she is America’s Next Top Model). I wish you the best in all you do Danielle. Don’t let the industry harden you. Stay sweet and humble.

May 18, 2006 at 11:09 am
(10) Staci says:

I have to say both models were great. Joanie looked stunning and Danielle looked fabulous!!! I hated to see Joanie loose, but Danielle will do great in modeling. Not only does she have the looks, but her personality is beautiful. She rocked it this year for America’s Next Top Model.

P.S. Jade needs to work on her attitude.

May 18, 2006 at 11:22 am
(11) TEXAS says:

For the comment made by Tricia… Danelle is not from Texas! So get it right. It’s not hard to tell who has the best of both worlds. Not only is Danelle beautiful on the outside, her inside beauty shines brighter. So the comments that you and all the other haters are making (which is really due to prejudice) Get over it! White women are not the only women who can model..And trust me IT’S A LOT OF COUNTRY WHITE GURLS TOO!

May 18, 2006 at 11:27 am
(12) TEXAS says:

Oh and by the way MARY… They did pick TWO WHITE GIRLS in A ROW… SEASON 1 AND SEASON 2 (Forgot about that Huh!?)

May 18, 2006 at 12:15 pm
(13) Blunt'n Bold says:

I was so glad Jade the snotbox didn’t win! I was proud of Danielle big time & I saw the struggles she had to endure the whole time on the show…like when she hurt her foot’n when she was very sick’n in hospital…I can’t stand Trya or those lousy judges at all…they are FREAKS & are so strange….plus I couldn’t stand their voices, their coldness & how they made fun of Danielle’s voice…I couldn’t stand that dumb freaky black guy with the ponytails…what mental hospital did he escape from? Congrats to DANIELLE!!!

May 18, 2006 at 12:23 pm
(14) shiam says:

I was rootn for danielle from the beginning and i am very pleased tyra is not tryn to pls the media and upn i see she is selecting real beauty. good job tyra, congratulations danielle and good luck joanie!

May 18, 2006 at 12:57 pm
(15) Georgia says:

Mary and Tricia you ladies need to get a life. It not about being black or white, it about who appears to be the best over all the rest. Danielle proved that last night. Don’t get me Joanie was good to but it was something about that made me stick her. I personally was glad that Jade was eliminated she was long overdue. To Mary and Tricia I am going to pray that you all get over the hate. Don’t hate motivate.

May 18, 2006 at 2:02 pm
(16) DEB says:

I am glad Danielle won also, I liked both girls, but Danielle was better… It is not a black thing or a white thing. It is who is the best model for the job. I wish people would stop judging one another because of the color of there skin….

May 18, 2006 at 2:32 pm
(17) Kanika says:

I am so glad that Danielle won. My mom and I were clapping so hard at the T.V., Danielle might have heard us when her face appeared on the screen to be ANTM. DANIELLE KEEP YOUR HEAD UP GIRL, AND MAKE THOSE HATERS YOUR MOTIVATERS!

May 18, 2006 at 2:33 pm
(18) candy says:

Danielle did a great job just have to say that her photos are almost the same facial expression.Man oh man Jade should have gorn home long time but who would be used to proveke, and answer the judges. You go Danielle keep pressing through.

May 18, 2006 at 5:46 pm
(19) Antoinette Jamaica says:

You Go Danielle, I was routing for you all the way, you just work on your accent, I know you can do it, just be humble and persevere for greater heights, the best girl won. Joanie dont give up, and i hate to call her name, but Jade you need to check yourself b4 your attitude wreck you.

May 19, 2006 at 11:27 am
(20) Darkskin says:

First of all I would like to extend a huge CONGRATULATIONS to Danielle. I too am a native of Arkansas and am proud to see her represent our state. I think Joanie took beautiful pictures and I believe that she will succeed in the modeling industry. I think Jade’s attitude sucks and the judges were aware of that long ago, but only kept her around for the drama that she brings to the show. We all know how T.V. works. Danielle seems to be a beautiful, positive person on the inside and out. I think Tyra ragged on her southern accent, honestly, because there was nothing else for her to critique her on. Danielle came into the competition taking beautiful photos and showing lots of heart and personality from day 1. Surely Tyra knows that there is no perfect MODEL ACCENT or VOICE to speak in. There are lots of foreign models who model in the U.S. and they definately have an accent. It may not be a southern accent, but it is still an accent. So was it fair to try to make Danielle feel at times as though she couldn’t be ANTM because of the way she talked. Danielle can work on her accent and being the kind of woman that she seems to be I’m sure she’ll put her all into doing so! God Bless Danielle and I wish her much success with her career!

May 19, 2006 at 2:25 pm
(21) Nikki says:

I am amazed, if not curious that the decision came down to the 2 contestants that needed to have cosmetic surgery (teeth fixed). I would have SCREAMED if Jade won… beauty is much more than skin deep!! I would have preferred Joanie but am not disappointed Danielle won.

May 19, 2006 at 2:46 pm
(22) Charles1Roland says:

JOANIE should have been chosen as America’s Next Top Model. If I had an opportunity to have spoken with her during the taping of the show I would have told her to reconsider the full makeover of her teeth. Like singer DAVID BOWIE and Patricia Arquette, from the show “MEDIUM”, JOANIE had unique and beautiful teeth. If anything she should have only had her teeth straightened slightly. leaving what could have been her tradmark smile intact. DANIELLE should have also realized that a gap tooth is desirable and beautiful also. Although she won the compitition I believe she should go back to the dentist and put back at least a small gap in her teeth.
Maybe I have an obsession with slightly crooked teeth? I don’t know – but I think both models made a mistake by changing what was already a beautiful smile. I’d love to meet both of them one day.
From,
Charles Sternaimolo
Fitchburg, MA -USA

May 19, 2006 at 3:04 pm
(23) starrzie says:

2 beautiful, strong women, but Danielle deserved to win because she has the more beautiful heart. She never got involved in the name-calling or back-stabbing of the other girls, whereas Joanie did. Danielle is truly the ideal for America’s Next Top Model.

May 19, 2006 at 4:26 pm
(24) Tammy says:

I missed the finale. I am glad to hear that Jade was let go. I hate her, she looks so OLD!

May 19, 2006 at 5:58 pm
(25) patrisha coleman says:

Thank God and all the angels that Danielle won. Shame on Tyra for constantly belittling her for speaking the way she has all her life. Tyra, how well would you do changing your Cali talk at the drop of a hat? You were unfair, but thank goodness Miss J stuck to his/her guns and Danielle, rightfully, prevailed. You sent Danielle and Joannie to the dentist – why not a speech coach. Did you think about her mom, family and neighbors (who speak as she does) when you mocked her each week? She was left to conquer a humongous hurdle on her own and, dammit, SHE DID IT! I hope you are gracious enough to serve up a well-deserved apology – you showed no compassion – maybe you se her becoming better than you were? I think you were a great super model and am proud to have witnessed your career, but you truly pissed me and a lot of fans off with those digs week after week after week!

I was a Danielle fan from Episode 1 and each week she grew and grew. The gurl modeled her ass off first hurt then ill – what more could you want? She showed top model potential, every photo was outstanding and it was obvious that she “wanted” it!

I am a New Yorker and can’t even say that I feel bad about dumping on a fellow NYr. Jade never learned to zip her lip, always had an excuse, did her best to throw the other ladies off, and I detested her immediately – from day 1. How arrogant to deny your arrogance when it’s as plain as the nose on your face (haha). She thought (until she finally got booted) that it was all about her and that none of the other girls were on “her level”. Good thing! Who wants more females spouting “made-up” words – lol…. AND did you hear her attempt at spelling – embarrassing!!! GO back to school, Jade, and “find” a level, because right now you are rock bottom!

Joannie was great too and took fantastic pictures, but Danielle truly worked it and got her just reward. She is wholesome, gorgeous and a stone trooper and a MUCH BETTER choice THAN LAST CYCLE’S NICOLE WITH THE PARALYZED ARM ! I’m sure Joannie (and perhaps even Nenna if she can get her personal life together) will become familiar faces in the modeling world.

Are my daughter and I the only ones who thought one contestant (although photogenic) looked a little crackish??? Tyra said that each week the judges wondered what the unnamed contestant was doing there and so did I ! LMAO

Anxiously waiting for the next Cycle.

A faithful fan, paTRISHa – NYC

May 19, 2006 at 10:54 pm
(26) Vicki Phoenix says:

Danielle, I am so proud of you. You did it girl. I think you deserve to whatever your heart desires. I was touched by your interview the very first night when you were talking about your mom. I cried with you. I am from Louisiana so I makes me very excited to know that someone won from our area. You are a beautiful lady in and out. CONGRADULATIONS !!! Enjoy the beginning of the rest of your new life as a Top Model. Love Ya

May 20, 2006 at 8:06 am
(27) Melo C. says:

After reading everyone’s comments I don’t want to be redundant but I don agree with most of the comments. YES, 2 white people did win in a row. A total of three white women have won. Congrats Danielle, I knew you could do it. Jade I offer tutoring services if you wish to get help with your reading problem. Joanie was good howevr she was lacked self esteem. The girl couldn’t even smile and she looked down too much. Those are the reasons why I believed she was not picked. Miss Tyra I lost some respect for you by constantly poking fun at Danielle’s speech. Everyone has an accent and that is what makes your unique. And speaking if uniqueness, Tyra always preaches about having a signiture, being different, something that makes you stand out from everybody else, but was willing to send Danielle home if she didn’t close her gap, but would not invest in a vocal coach. I think that’s a little ine sided.
Congats again Danielle

May 20, 2006 at 11:14 am
(28) Rai'ne says:

CONGRATS TO DANIELLE!! She deserved to be ANTM

May 20, 2006 at 11:19 am
(29) Asia says:

Danielle, I am sooo proud of you for taking the crown!! I don’t know where all these HATERS come from, saying that danielle did not deserve it but she did, thats why she won. Duh! Yea, she has an accent, but like one of those comments said, there are international models with accents, and nobody is perfect. Danielle has the looks, body and definetly the personality to be a sucessful model and she will be a household name for years to come. Jade, I don’t know who told her she was god’s gift to the modeling industry, but if she is that good, why hasen’t she been discovered? Thank Jesus she did’nt win. Joanie at times seemed sluggish, and she often seemed unsure of herself. She did photograph well, but only one can win. The best..Danielle. Congrats to ya girl!!

May 21, 2006 at 5:17 pm
(30) joanielova says:

eww! i didnt want danielle to win! i am so mad but watevr!! joanie is gunna be more succesful

May 21, 2006 at 9:24 pm
(31) kamo says:

Speaking from a former model’s view point. Danielle was the smart choice for the next top model. She has the look that is in demand now. Timing is very important and I feel that she was born to be not just a model but a SUPER MODEL she is 5’11″ has the body/figure, has a natural smooth walk on the runway, knows how to move/pose on photo shoots, photogenic and most important has the personality that makeup artist, photographers and designers love. I predict she will be a face that will last as long as Tyra’s reign. She is very special and compared to all the other winners during the cycles, she stands to be the most sought after. I am happy she won. It was a tough decision. Her accent is the least of her worries. You go Danielle!

May 21, 2006 at 9:27 pm
(32) navasota says:

Danielle and Joanie are truly nice girls and real troopers, so I’m glad that they made the final 2 (jade should have been sent packing weeks before). However, only one of the them really has what it takes to be a successful model and that’s Danielle. Joanie, though a sweetheart, lacks the confidence and personality necessary to be a “top model” and she’s not very memorable or unique. There are a lot of things about Danielle, other than her physical beauty, that gave her a huge advantage over Joanie, so I highly doubt joanielova’s assertion that Joanie will be more successful- probably nowhere near as successful as Danielle.

May 22, 2006 at 1:34 am
(33) Shan says:

Congrats to Danielle and I am really proud of you and you also represented yourself well through sickness and southern accent. I am also happy for Joanie she did well for herself throughout the competition

May 22, 2006 at 1:42 pm
(34) Angela says:

I was so glad Danielle won. Me and my sister were literally jumping up and down, clapping celebrating the great news. She deserved it, and Jonie was getting too cocky. She was not better than danielle point blanck!!

May 22, 2006 at 7:36 pm
(35) Christie says:

Congrats, Danielle! A beautiful person you are (inside and out). She deserves to be AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL. No matter what anyone says. This was a wonderful blessing from God.

May 23, 2006 at 12:47 pm
(36) Denise says:

I am so proud of Danielle. She was up against some tough compitition. However much of an obliviously self centered arrogent, immature “bitch” Jade was, she was beautiful and interesting looking. And Joanie was stepping it up too! But it just goes to show, preseverance and prayer always pay off.

I am TOO happy for you girl!

May 23, 2006 at 4:13 pm
(37) Iyoy says:

I really did expect Joanie to win.I mean,c’mon guys, you’ve got to give it up to her-best portfolio I’ve ever seen in Top Model History, vivacious personality, passionate and committed, and strong aura. In the Season Finale, I was just blown away for proving herself a damn good job. The Covergirl photo was enchanting to look at-there’s some sort of magic that makes me want to fly. The commercial was aincredibly great-soft yet fierce. And I thought she owned that Thai Fashion Show.She just rocked! She emerged! It’s not her end-I tell you.

Danielle’s Covergirl photo was flawless.Commercial-Five out of 10. I did have difficulties in understanding what she said.And her accent cannot neccessarily sell make-up.SORRY!

Jade miserably failed in the Finale-both photo and commercial. She merely deserved to be the first 1 to be sent home-Sayonara!

May 23, 2006 at 5:21 pm
(38) JAMIRA says:

IM SO HAPPY THAT DANELLE HAD WON SHE IS WAY BETTER THATN ALL THE MODLES IN CYCLE 6 IM HAPPY THAT DANELE AND EVA WON AMERICAS NEXT TOP MODEL YOU GO GIRL

May 24, 2006 at 4:54 am
(39) Brandi says:

I am very glad Danielle won. She was my favorite from the beginning. Although her speach was a little country, it really got on my nerve when the judges acted like they couldn’t understand a word she was saying. It wasn’t that bad. Heck half the time I couldn’t understand what Twiggy was saying. Danielle wasn’t going to let anyone or anything get her down. She was true to herself the entire show without being catty or an ass towards anyone else. She has a wonderful spirit and I hope she goes far.

Although Jade came off a little arrogant she was still one of my favorites. She took gorgeous pictures, her body was fierce and at the end of the day that’s what being a model is all about. Hell if you can deal with Naomi Campbell you can deal with Jade. I think she was just insecure. I hope she does well in the future.

As for Joanie, I never liked her and I’m not sure what the fuss is about her. She did take some good pictures but just okay. She had that big square chin and she had no clue what to do with those horse teeth. She kept smiling like she had in a mouth piece. She also can’t walk a runway looking at her feet the entire time. I didn’t get it.

To date Eva & Danielle are my favorites

May 24, 2006 at 2:58 pm
(40) Devon says:

I completely agree with the last comment made by Brandi.

Danielle was the best pick. She is beautiful, inside and out and took marvelous pictures. Her attitude was contagious! Ok, so what she has an accent, that like she said can be worked on. MORE THAN anyone else, she WANTED IT!

In the beginning I liked Jade, but her insecurity and projected arrogance turned everyone off ( I guess appearing in Jay-Z’s video went to her head). She a nice looking girl who could indeed make it very far in the industry, but the attitude has to go.

And Joanie..who? She never stood out to me. I remember Sara over Joanie…once she got her gorgeous teeth, she didn’t know who to use them and she just looked really awkward. She didn’t seem too confident in herself and what she could do. And in that industry, Confidence is key.

The judges made the right decision…
Congrats to Danielle!!!

May 24, 2006 at 6:41 pm
(41) MsTee says:

I was so very happy to see Danielle crowned America’s Next Top Model 2006. She prevailed over quite a few obstacles, without backbiting and putting others down. She remained focused despite, in my opinion, unfair criticism. I also, did not think her accent to be as deplorable as Tyra tried to make it out to be. I admire Tyra and the work that she is doing exposing others to the modelling industry and giving them this incredible life changing opportunity that they more than likely would never have gotten. Good job, and God bless you Tyra (although the speech thing was petty and unnecessary in my book, but you are the professional ;-) Congratulations to Danielle,who was my favorite and my choice from the very beginning. Joanie has a lot to be proud of and thankful for as well. She will make it also in this industry, if in her heart she really wants it. I did not feel that she truly wanted it as much as Danielle.

May 26, 2006 at 2:01 am
(42) Ms. J. says:

I’m very proud of Danielle for being crowned America’s Next Top Model. Without even saying a word you could tell she had a great personality. Her presence and temperament spoke volumes. With awesome pics, great body and an infectious smile she will be a photographer’s dream.
I saw Danielle’s interview with Entertainment Tonight after she had speech lessons and she was awesome. Her speech was her only hurdle, but not any longer. I never thought it was that bad anyway, but now it’s a non issue.
Tyra was also interviewed. She stated all the Judges felt that Danielle embodied all the qualities of great model. They felt that with a little coaching her speech could be cleaned up. I’m paraphrasing, but the Judges thought she was the best of all the models selected before her.

Not to diminish Joanie’s accomplishments, but she lack confidence & personal style.

I think Tyra and crew do a great job making sure the winner isn’t based on color. They picked the best person this season.

May 27, 2006 at 7:09 pm
(43) Delores says:

I was elated when Danielle won.She walked that runway like the SUPER MODEL she will someday be. Joanie, I think will be a sucessful model also, she needs a bit more confidence though. I think Danielle was saying to herself when she won,” Shut your mouth and say it ain’t so!”

May 27, 2006 at 8:30 pm
(44) Shenequa says:

I was so amazed when Danielle won ANTM. She was truly the best and deserved the title. I do believe she will be just as successful as Eva or even better. Danielle was humble and kindhearted from the beginning to the end. She took the best photos when she was ill and that stands for alot. It shows her determination and hardwork that she did not let anything stand in her way.
I also think that Tyra was too hard on her about her accent. I too possess a country accent and sometimes I cannot understand what people are saying who does not have an accent. Classes will help Danielle if that is such a big deal. Country is in these days. Am I the only one that thinks Beyonce has a country accent? I hear it all the time on her commercials and her songs.

Joanie was very good but she needs to work on walking with her head up instead of looking at her feet. Danielle is the best!!!!!!

May 31, 2006 at 2:57 pm
(45) Nikki says:

I am glad for my fellow Arkansan Danielle. I am not glad because she is from my state but because she perservered. I would have liked her if she was white. I wish small minded people will find real reason to hate a person.

Jade was a thorn in my butt. She made me sick from Day 1. Joanie was great and I expect to see her make but there can only be one top model and she won.

Danielle, represent Arkansas and show the haters that think Arkansans are country, stupid, not good enough etc. We represent…….Bill Clinton, Al Green, Jermain “Bad Intentions” Taylor, & now Danielle, just a name a few.

June 9, 2006 at 9:49 am
(46) Nila says:

From day one I have loved her personality. She was determined to do something with her life whether she won America’s top model or not. Power to you girl. I love you accent for once they picked a everyday face. Good luck girlfriend

June 14, 2006 at 11:02 am
(47) S. Crawford --Virginia says:

Danielle, YOU GO GIRL!!! The whole time me and my daughter were wanting you to win. On that last night she and I were glued to the television. When they said you won, we hugged and I wanted to cry for you. I was so happy for you. I only hope that me and my daughter can stay as close as you and your mother. But on the real, I was not liking at all how Tyra seemed to be hating on you the whole season. What was up with that….Jealousy Maybe? But anyway…you are blessed in all your future endeavors and you keep doing what youre doing…Congrats once more.

September 18, 2006 at 4:33 pm
(48) oliver penn says:

I didn’t like Jade, personally, but she was the best model overall. Sorry, but she was.

November 23, 2006 at 6:17 am
(49) Stephanie says:

I think Joanie should have won! And Jade…………YOU SUCK!

December 6, 2006 at 7:13 pm
(50) agv says:

i thought nnena was the best of all.. she should’ve been at least at the top 3..

December 19, 2006 at 6:50 am
(51) bethany says:

hi all i am so glad danielle won i watched it every week i cant wait for the next one but i am so glad she won !! beth x

January 5, 2007 at 4:17 am
(52) lois williams says:

I think tyra should have won d show, i mean whats going on here…is everyone ok.I have a thing for ms j.cant sleep at night.Twiggy got my groove on.cya

January 5, 2007 at 4:38 pm
(53) Karen says:

Is this the girl (Danielle)winner- who didn’t want the gap in her teeth put together??? or was that another model? Does anyone know?? I think it was so mean to cut peoples hair off and make them cry, then eliminate them!!!AAHH (season 5 I think?)

January 8, 2007 at 2:11 am
(54) Monika Pegues says:

Thank the Lord Danielle wonnnnnnnn. Haha. I’m so happy for her. I’m a Mississippian so i’m just thrilled. I loved Danielle from the first show. Her personality is beautiful and so is she. I was really mad when Tyra was making fun of her accent. I mean when she said, “But she tawks like this” (making fun of her while doing the accent), I was so mad, and I was like, “BUT YOU TALK LIKE THAT”. Haha. I was pissed. She was wrong for that.

Danielle, do yo thang. Work it hunny. :)

February 21, 2007 at 11:59 am
(55) ADA says:

Danielle is DA BOMB, it was actually my first time to shed a tears watching any reality show cos Danielle’s beauty, personality, sincerity and humility touched me a lot. Who cares abt her accent when everyone of us got an accent somebody else somewhere doesnt like, besides thats something dat could b worked on in a question of few weeks.
I LOVE DANIELLE wit all my heart and she is a big inspiration to we all girls.
SHE’S GOT IT ALL. KISSES MY ANGEL!!!!!!!!

February 21, 2007 at 12:07 pm
(56) SLIM says:

Why are ya all talking abt d black girl and white girl thang, pls alll da racists shut daa f*****n mouth cos race shouldnt b mentioned in dis 21st century.
DANIELLE , IS WAY BEAUTIFUL AND ELEGANT!! Tyra doesnt care abt where u come from but what u ve got, she wasnt fund of Dan cos of her accent but d truth is dat she is d destined winner. Joan was great in her own way and i like her a lot, the judges made good choices for d finalist, but in d presence of Danielle i would choose her other than Joan but in her absence i will choose Joan instead of Jade. D two girls were beautiful but it wasnt a race thing, Danielle has got what it takes to b on d runway and in pictures and dats what it takes to b a supermodel, thats so hard to find all in one person. I love u Dan, know u may never read tis but u r my girl.

February 25, 2007 at 11:17 am
(57) kin says:

ohh what an earth?? im really really didnt agreen that danielle have won.this cannot be! from the first season i really would like Jade to win.jade seriously got the personality.she know how to model.she knows how to act in front of the camera.Danielle?? i dont think so.danielle dont realy got the look!!! but i love the latest season.all the contestant was great and fabulous especially the twins:DD

November 28, 2007 at 6:43 am
(58) Sebastian says:

I love you danielle, from the first time I saw you you looked so pretty and I defenitly knew you were going to win

December 21, 2007 at 4:05 pm
(59) grace says:

i think joanie should have won.

January 2, 2008 at 12:24 am
(60) kish says:

i was so hapy that danielle won……keep it up danieele….

January 10, 2008 at 11:53 am
(61) Tina says:

Im very glad that danielle won this season. I think she is a very beautiful woman. Joannie to me is too avaerage. She is like the average blonde blue eyed gir you see on the streets. America needs something new and different. Danielle definitly does it for me. She has a great personality,funny and someone who looks like they could make it in the modeling industry. I didnt really like joannie at all. Good going danielle, you rock girl!!

January 25, 2008 at 12:22 am
(62) Alicia says:

Jade wrote that her confidence was mistaken for arrogance, that’s because she was an arrogant person in denial! I hate jade, I think she’s a stuck up b**** who is actually ugly and self centered. I found nothing AT ALL attractive about her.. As for her “changing her look” PFFFT she’s ugly no matter what nationality, it’s time that “Miss Jade” Woke the f*** up and realized that there’s people 10 times the person she is. Other than that Ninna or whatever was ugly, no woman should be bald! EVER!

Danielle is beautiful, naturally she deserved to win. It hasn’t actually finished in Australia yet but, the internet tells well!!!
And I am so thrilled that Jade got her pathetic ego shot down.

January 25, 2008 at 4:35 pm
(63) rachel says:

you go Danielle, I KNEW YOU WAS GONNA WIN!!!!!
YOU ARE A BEAUTIFUL BLACK WOMEN

January 29, 2008 at 12:10 pm
(64) kelly says:

im so glad that danielle won because u were right tyra and the other judges were always putting her down about her accent and her accent shows were she is from and her past she cant turn it on and off and she is definetly pretty and deserved to win!

February 2, 2008 at 11:45 am
(65) DANiiLLE FAN says:

I’M REALLY GLAD DANIELLE WON BECAUSE SHE GAVE ME MORE CONFIDENCE IN MYSELF BECAUSE I AM A TENNAGE GIRL AND I HAVE A GAP TOO BUT I LEARNED THAT YOU CAN HAVE A GAP AND STILL BE BEAUTIFUL AND I JUST LOVED DANIELLE SHE WAS THE ONLY ONE THAT STAYED OUT OF DRAMA AND WAS REALLY COOL BUT I LIKE JOANIE TOO! AND I REALLY DIDN’T LIKE THOSE COMMENTS THE JUDGES WERE MAKING ABOUT HER GAP BUT I GUESS THAT’S WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE AND PEOPLE STILL LOVE ME FOR WHO I AM WHETHER I HAVE A GAP OR NOT!

February 7, 2008 at 8:46 pm
(66) cedes says:

Im so glad that im not the only one that was proud of Dani. Thats my girl!!! I love her. I even cried when she said “Mama, im a cover girl”… Im happy for her. she struggled so much. Joanie was good too, so dont get me wrong. Now…To them Haters, Dont hate because all she needed was a speech coach in she would be perfect. I love her with her accent and all. Ya’ll hussies could never be as great as she is. So if u dont have anything nice to say about her, then dont say anything at all.

February 29, 2008 at 12:08 pm
(67) lanysha says:

you go girl i am so glad that someone in little rock arkansas won ..

March 11, 2008 at 8:47 am
(68) marita says:

Danielle you rock!I HATE JADE!

April 23, 2008 at 4:21 pm
(69) CARMEN says:

DANIELLE WAS THE RIGHT GIRL BY FAR. But Tyra was right for trying to coach her with her speech because, trust me, she will get more jobs that way. There was a woman that said they didn’t want another white girl to win, get over it. Your just shocked by a chocolate beauty and jealos.

June 23, 2008 at 1:32 pm
(70) Beu says:

Well, off bat i think Danielle shouldve won anyway becuzz you dont have that many “exstablished” african american models anyway! & you dont really see too many winning americas next top model. Im not saying that she shouldve won becuzz she was black, but becuzz i feel like she desevered it. Joanie had the look, but she did not have spunk, & she didnt stand out with her personality. Tyra looks for the next new face
who gonna start a whole new epidemic. And if anything, dont blame Tyra, blame GOD.

July 2, 2009 at 6:32 am
(71) john dzikamani andina says:

who else but daniel?she was and is the queen1

August 29, 2009 at 5:11 am
(72) teresa soave says:

daniella was the best!!!!!!!go tyra go tyra go tyra

January 4, 2010 at 3:24 pm
(73) Viv says:

I am just so pleased that Jade did not win as she was so arrogant and thought that she had it in the bag. I loved Nenna and Danielle. S.A. finished airing the season a few months ago!!

April 3, 2010 at 9:02 pm
(74) CHAY says:

THE RIGHT PERSON WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 29, 2010 at 11:39 am
(75) carol says:

jade didnt win, m glad! shes way too arrogant! joanie tried so much! congrats danielle