1. Entertainment

Your suggestion is on its way!

An email with a link to:

was emailed to:

Thanks for sharing About.com with others!

TLC's One Big Happy Family: One Sad Little Reality Show?

By December 29, 2009

One Big Happy FamilyThe Boston Herald calls it "TLC's latest attempt to exploit a family for ratings." Monsters and Critics says, "Trainwreck reality TV doesn't get much bigger than the TLC effort, One Big Happy Family." Variety says, "One Big Happy Family joins a TLC lineup that often seems devoted more to pithy titles than anything else."

Looks like TLC's new reality show One Big Happy Family, which follows a morbidly obese family who are trying to lose weight on their own, isn't winning over critics despite its inspiring  premise.

"With Mom, Dad, daughter and son each weighing in at well over 300 lbs., the Coles are reminded daily that they literally do not fit in, as everyday situations such as buckling a seatbelt and sitting in a restaurant booth are challenging," TLC said in a press release. "But, as big as they are, their love for each other is even bigger-and when one of the family members is diagnosed with a life threatening health issue, the family unites to change their lifestyle for good." Read more about the show here.

So, is there anything wrong with TLC turning the cameras on a morbidly obese family who aren't afraid to share their most embarrassing moments or their ignorance about healthy living? Do you agree with Boston Herald critic Mark A. Perigard who says, "This family doesn't need a reality show. It needs an intervention led by a corp of professionals who can offer diet advice, exercise tips and reinforcement?"

Share your thoughts about One Big Happy Family in the comments!

Comments

December 30, 2009 at 12:30 am
(1) KK says:

I for one am hoping that this show allows the family to learn how to take better care of themselves and inspire others to do the same, including me. So far I am 25 minutes into the show and I like this family, they are loving, compassionate, scared and willing to change. I am sick of people who have never had to battle weight and who eat like pigs judging those of us who are overweight, who made them God? You can hide your dysfuncions, maybe you do drugs, smoke, drink, abuse your family, steal, lie, cheat, you can hide that, fat cannot be hidden. When you are perfect and thus GOD, come back and throw stones. Show some compassion and understanding for the problems other people have, look in the mirror, judge yourself.

December 30, 2009 at 12:35 am
(2) Kaya says:

I think it is a good show. I great opportunity for a morbidly obese family. Although I do agree that it is a bit a explotative the family has agreed. I do not agree with the Boston Herald critic as this family would not naturally be offered this opportunity by any organaization or else, I am sure they would’ve accepted the opportunity. After viewing the first two episodes I can see that the mom really understands the urgency and the son is game. The family realized that they need the help and however unethical exploitation may be. . . I do believe that being on camera helps the family to recogonize the seriousness of their reality.

December 30, 2009 at 12:52 am
(3) Bigforce says:

I am inspired to try harder they are no where near my weight and I think they should have more of this type of programing on tv. My weight is around 600 I dont leave home and I know what it means to be the fat person in the room compared to the elephant not talked about an then laughed at when you leave. I hope you all succeed because the end result is not pretty

December 30, 2009 at 12:54 am
(4) darkfan66 says:

I am a big boy also and watching this show, is more of an in-your face wake up call. I love watching the strong family bond, as well as the messages it sends. There a lot of families like this in the world, and I think this concept is AWESOME!!! A great addition to TLC!!!!

December 30, 2009 at 1:01 am
(5) KK says:

The family is beautiful, loving and in need of drastic changes. I too have struggled with my weight most of my life and am about 235 on a 5’2″ frame. At 53 years old, this is not good. I am going to watch this show and work along with them. I believe they will inspire many people to get healthy. I am rooting for them. It is not exploitation if you go into it with eyes wide open in the hopes of helping yourself become better. This show hopefully will be a blessing to these wonderful people. I really like the son, he is going to get healthy, no doubt in my mind, he has strength and courage. God bless them.

December 30, 2009 at 1:06 am
(6) jamiemnc says:

Great show I’ve been on a weight loss journey for 1 year and a week. I’ve lost nearly 100 lbs by myself just like the family on the show. You guys can do it. I started off with a 15 minute walk now I run 5 miles every morning as well as working out at the gym 5 days a week. I am also a mother full time student and I work full time.

December 30, 2009 at 1:54 am
(7) vnicky says:

this is not a good show. ever since the writers strike way back when, networks learned that reality TV is a cheap way to fill TV space with poor programing. i agree with the critic who stated that this family needs professional help. if TLC wanted to HELP the Coles rather than exploit them, they would have assembled a team to really help, mentor and teach. the trip to the water park, the fact that they feed their kids fat by the gallon and that Norris did not know that greens start out green and fresh and not in the can are not examples of entertaining or informative TV. As an African American, i am so disappointed to see that when TLC finally highlights a minority family — THIS is their first attempt. I hope this family does achieve some level of success but I also hope this show is not renewed unless it is revamped.

December 30, 2009 at 3:27 am
(8) Mel says:

They are unapologetic and rightfully so, no need to explain to anyone who and why they are the way they are. They aren’t riddled with the anguish that so many face today. They seem more normal than your average joe today. I hope this show allows them a financial gain that can put them on a healthier track, whatever that may be for each. Shame on anyone placing judgment on these four beautiful people who show down right honesty, love and happiness for their family. Kudos for showing the rest of the dysfunctional world what a normal family should be made of. God Bless the Coles! x0x0

December 30, 2009 at 10:08 am
(9) Rell says:

I went to doctor yesterday on same day the show aired and i am 40pds over weight so i will be dieting and watching the show every tuesday to compare my progress to theres i am 226pds and my target weight is 180 so here we go day one of my diet

December 30, 2009 at 10:44 am
(10) Tamekia says:

The TLC show, “One Big Family” will entertain and show the serious of the issue of being Super Obese. As a woman with the same issue, I felt that it was uplifting to see a family choosing changing their life together. It was also surprising to see a family that is all Super Obese. This family is not a sham of their bodies (and they should not be). They are showing the public that they are just like other family that has issue. And as a family they will overcome their health problems together.

December 30, 2009 at 11:38 am
(11) Jake says:

I think this is a great show. I’m glad tlc came up with this idea, it will show people what it really is like being fat.

I’m 14, and I weigh 210lbs. Yes I’m obese, but I’m doing something about it ON MY OWN(just like this family). I don’t blame any of my family or anything like that and tbh I don’t rally care about who to blame.

Anyway you people saying this is just an exploitation are wrong, this is showing average weight people what it’s like, and it’s giving us fatter people motivation!

Yeah maybe TLC should’ve of hired nutritionists and trainers and people like that, but it wouldn’t really be a reality show if they did and this show is suppose to be about the struggles of an obese family wanting to lose weight, that’s why it’s good that they haven’t! Also this will be helping the family get more money then they could pay for help themselves.

Yes this show may just be for ratings, but like I said it shows average Americans what it’s like to be fat, and it gives not so average people motivation! And wow I can’t believe something thought this is racist? It’s just facts.

December 30, 2009 at 12:27 pm
(12) Mudda69 says:

I’m glad the show is on as well I believe people should know that its not only fast food that we give our families its what we are preparing at home as well. More people need to watch this show and hopefully they can be motivated to shed some weight for themselves. I like Shane’s determination!! At 14 years old he wants to lose that weight.
If this had not been an African-American family the ratings would be phenomenol thanks TLC for hopefully inspiring other African-American families to look at the big picture. YES, Afican-Americans do go to doctors for advice and we do have insurance.

December 30, 2009 at 1:55 pm
(13) blessed says:

Ilove this family and I think the show is great.I am not that much over weight, but I like watching the closeness of the entire family,they are funny and seem to be fun.In the Bible it says “faith without works is dead” meaning if you have faith and do the work to get it done then it will happen. I’m sure this family is talked about daily on tv or off tv. Isay now they will have money to get professional help if they want it and whose to say if TLC is or is not providing them with professional help.Come on people don’t be negative just pray that they do lose the weight reguardless what you think TLC motive may be

December 30, 2009 at 2:24 pm
(14) Lisa Richards says:

I WAS SO UPSET WHEN I SAW THIS SHOW LAST NIGHT. THEY DO NOT WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT, ALL THEY DO IS SIT AROUND AND COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT EATING WHAT THEY WANT. WHO CARES THAT THEY WANT TO EAT A TRIPLE BACON CHEESEBURGER FOR BREAKFAST? IF THEY WERE SINCERE, I WOULD FEEL DIFFERENT, BUT LOVE IS NOT GONNA KEEP YOU OUT OF AN EARLY GRAVE. PUSH AWAY FROM THE TABLE GUYS! I AM APPALLED.

December 30, 2009 at 2:47 pm
(15) Shawn says:

I love this show and the family!!! I saw that the weight was a big issue but the thing that stood out to me was the love that this family had for one another and how close they were. They are an awesome example of the family unit at its best! I am so glad that they have decided to lose weight for health reasons but I am most happy with the fact that they are doing it together!!! TLC has chosen the best family and I will make sure to tune in to see their progress weekly!!!!

December 30, 2009 at 2:53 pm
(16) nikkia says:

I think the last comment is crazy and I’m glad your not someone they need to go to for support or motivation.They have probly been eating the wrong way all their lives like many of us. They did push away from the table and ate healthier food and they did walk for 45 min, so what they complained some, so do we all when doing something we don’t want to do, but we do it because it is good for us. I think before posting comments people should ask their self, what would Jesus say?

December 30, 2009 at 3:39 pm
(17) LH says:

I think it was a wonderful show. The family is not diplayed in a circus type of way. They seemed like loving family. There are many families out there like them and I think this show can help.

December 30, 2009 at 3:48 pm
(18) Adrianne says:

My family and I watched and enjoyed the show. Yes, the family has weight issues BUT they realize that some changes need to be made as a family. No one is perfect and as slong as you are willing to work/improve your situation then everything will work out. Please tell me what why the critics are badmouthing this show and not the Biggest Losers? I enjoy that show as well BUT those individuals are also dealing with weight/health issues.

December 30, 2009 at 4:20 pm
(19) Melanie says:

My whole family LOVED the show! We will definetely keep watching!! They are a loving family who may turn out to be very inspiring to America. They are not alone. Obesity, especially childhood obesity is an epidemic. Great show!!!!

December 30, 2009 at 7:14 pm
(20) re says:

i found this show disgusting and had to turn it off early on….i do hope these individuals can lose weight and learn to live a healthier lifestyle but i do not care to watch them do so….

December 30, 2009 at 9:32 pm
(21) janice b. says:

I just wanted to say the show was great, it made me feel hopeful, not only for them, but for me. TLC, don’t let a few critics make you take this show off, it’s real people,and real life concerns

December 31, 2009 at 12:44 am
(22) Maree says:

I’ve read several of the comments from different viewers. I must say, I enjoyed watching the show and will continue. One thing also that stood out to me was the love of the family for each other. I also admire the mother very much. She’s a strong Black woman like so many women must be for their families. I do hope to see all three of them succeed. I will be praying for you. I too battle with eating right to keep my weight down and my health good. I want to live a long time. I know it is the will of the Lord that we take care of our bodies. We have much work to do for the kingdom.

December 31, 2009 at 5:25 am
(23) Nomie Hart says:

I love this Family….hence the word famy. They’ve got so much love for one another….it’s just beautiful.

December 31, 2009 at 10:31 am
(24) Caldwell says:

Where is Bob and Gillian when you need them. This is a wonderful show (keeps me in perspective with my healthly lifestyle journey), such a loving family. However, I belive they need an intervention of professionals who can offer diet advice, exercise tips and reinforcement.

December 31, 2009 at 3:51 pm
(25) Enoch says:

I think this is a very nice family. I liked them so much by the end of the first show, I wanted to go hang out with them. They seem like a fun bunch! I wish them well on their journey, and I wish I had grown up with two parents who cared about me as much as these parents seem to care about their children.

January 1, 2010 at 2:40 pm
(26) Mizzy M. says:

I commend this family on their courage to learn how to eat right, diet, and exercise. I am an plus size african american female and the fact is, there are many people that eat the foods that family had and then some. They are confronting their issues and during so in a public spectrum. If, this show can help save one life it is worth.

January 1, 2010 at 11:28 pm
(27) LINIA says:

The thing that most impresses me is the love and unity of the Cole family. In an earlier post someone suggested personal trainers and diet specialists.
It would be better if the Coles are able to work on their weight w/o hired people.
This will inspire those who do not have money for a gym or access to special programs to see that losing weight is possible using that old -fashioned method, “Eat Less, Move More”. In this case, Eat A Lot Less.
Those Coles deserve our support and respect.

January 4, 2010 at 4:01 pm
(28) johnny says:

I happened upon this show and think they’re a wonderful loving family. But in this case I think they’re doomed to failure. If we’re always told we’re wonderful and okay then we never take steps to improve ourselves. The young girl seems to think that at 350 pounds, she’s beautiful and doesn’t need to change. And if eating a salad for one meal is met with such disgust, how are they going to change their entire lives? They need someone to explain in harsh terms that their future is probably going to be diabetes, heart disease, and a very early death. Which is too bad.

January 5, 2010 at 1:27 pm
(29) MacCala says:

Fat and stupid is not what I want to see on my TV.

The family is an embarrassment to us all. And when I say “us” I mean Americans.

The kids are doomed BTW, they will be plagued with horrific health issues their entire lives, along with looking like crap.

January 5, 2010 at 9:24 pm
(30) denise says:

I love the show. I actually discovered it while at the YMCA walking on the treadmill looking at the TLC channel. Besides the weight issue, I believe this family is a genuine loving and supportive group of individuals unlike the other TLC nightmare (plus 8).. I believe this family is dealing with an issue that so many us struggle with on a day to day basis whether we are 175lbs or 375lbs.. Learning to eat healthier is a challenge for those of us who have grown up in the south with southern comfort food. Besides a challenge it’s expensive if you are on a budget…. Loving the Coles and their family. Wishing them all the best and many blessings…

January 5, 2010 at 9:28 pm
(31) Kathy says:

I love this family! Tameka is so driven to help her family. My heart aches for Amber; she is so beautiful and she deserves to have a healthy happy life, as her whole family does.

Hang in there! I was 240 lbs when I was 18 (no prom date for me) and I made some changes (never say diet!) and gradually I got healthy. I’ve been 142 lbs size 8 for 30 years now, so it can be done. And I eat anything I want, just smaller amounts and more healthy as opposed to nonhealthy (yes some of my choices aren’t the best, but moderation is the key).

This family rocks! God bless them all!

January 5, 2010 at 9:30 pm
(32) pam says:

It’s embarrassing to read such negative comments from the 3 people who wrote them. I bet if TLC came knocking on your doors giving you all a show you would jump to do it. So what if they are fat so are the people on biggest losers. It’s not that they are fat it’s because they are black that you all don’t want to watch. I have a solution turn to another channel, I’m sure that I’m smarter than a 5th grader is on. Maybe you all can get past the 2nd grade questions.

January 5, 2010 at 9:33 pm
(33) Jeanne says:

I love this family! Regardless of their weight issues, they seem to be such a close knit and, as the title suggests, one happy family.

January 5, 2010 at 9:38 pm
(34) violet says:

I loved this show – this family loves each other so much, and it’s an inspiration to watch how they’re trying to do this together. I’m overweight and feel inspired to try to change.. and hope this family makes the changes they need and become healthier. It’s motivated me to start working on my weight, too. Also, to all the people who think this is a bad show… take a look at your own family – is it perfect? A lot of people have hidden problems that are more serious than being overweight! Look at society! I’ll take this family any day – they’re positive, loving people. Great show!

January 5, 2010 at 9:47 pm
(35) Amanda says:

I really like this show..Mom is so awesome trying to keep her family in check and seems like such a good Mom! Dad needs 2 just listen 2 her and they could be just “One Happy Family”..I hope they lose the weight they want and be healthier. I grew up with my Mothers side being obese and I myself was overweight the majority of my younger years. I was fortunate enough 2 lose 60 lbs and am now a much happier, healthier person! Keep up the good work Cole’s!

January 5, 2010 at 10:33 pm
(36) Tami says:

This is a wonderful show and I believe this FAMILY has ONE lesson that we all can learn and share. That lesson is unconditional LOVE. Everyone deserves to be loved no matter how BIG or small. May God continue to be a blessing in the Coles family. Thank you TLC, this show makes me HAPPY!

January 5, 2010 at 10:42 pm
(37) Tlew says:

I am so inspired by this family. It is great to watch a family do this for “real” the way I am. I do not have expensive equipment, trainers or a “spa” to do it for me, just me and every day. I want to see more of this family.

January 5, 2010 at 10:43 pm
(38) nbernhard@msn.com says:

Great show! Finally real people dealing with real problems and real life. Love how they can laugh together and show their love for each other. my daughter and I love them. This is TV real people want to see. Like 18 kids and little couple too! Thanks for these ! Nancy

January 5, 2010 at 10:58 pm
(39) Laura says:

Look! We have all types of shows…. good, baaaad, ugly, and even freak shows…. U know what I mean!!!!!!! Why is soooo wrong for this show to be on TV. We know we have millions of people on TV that are sick & demented, nasty & trashy, drugged out & thugged out. Baby, please. Live and let live. Watch it or turn the channel…. or just turn it off. This show just might help somebody. The shows about anorexic people help. Give these folks a chance. Whether they be promoted & deemed entertainment to some and encouragement to others… or a laughing stock – they are on TLC and I believe they can & will do well. They too, are children of God – as we all are. Selah

January 5, 2010 at 11:32 pm
(40) M says:

I expected this to be a horrible trainwreck like Real Housewives but with obesity. Actually, they’re a sweet and fun family. The mom is so positive and trying so hard to motivate the family. And when I’m laughing while watching, I’m laughing with them not at them, so I’m not sure how exploited I would consider them to be. Granted, I’m only two episodes in, but I’m already rooting for them. I totally want to see them lose weight so they can get physically healthy.

January 5, 2010 at 11:47 pm
(41) Debbie Duke says:

I love this family. I’m inspired by them and envy the unconditional love and support they have for each other. Thanks TLC. This family is a winner!

January 6, 2010 at 2:43 am
(42) Debbie says:

A refreshing new show that shows a loving family…about time after having to suffer through the Jon and kate fiasco…I hope TLC will concentrate on bringing more NEW shows like this to us rather than trying to recycle Kate Gosselin yet again in more lame attempts to make some kind of “uber star” out of a talentless and classless *itch…Quit wasting your time TLC…No more Kate, PLEASE!

January 6, 2010 at 6:36 am
(43) Marty says:

I like this show, it is real and this family is a nice family! Regardless of how much they weigh.

January 6, 2010 at 11:53 am
(44) kendra king says:

I love this show and think it is very much A KEEPER!!!….The Cole family is a loving family with a great outlook on life and a good sense of humor, I plan on tuning in every week!

January 6, 2010 at 11:58 am
(45) Kendra King says:

I love this show…the Cole family is awesome…Good choice TLC….I plan to tune in every week!!!

January 6, 2010 at 12:39 pm
(46) Chris says:

They don’t act natural on this show, it seems like they reading their lines. Just doesn’t feel real – to me it looks like they are acting.

January 7, 2010 at 1:18 am
(47) Tina B. says:

I love this show! The family is very close and loving. There is more to this family than just their weight. I think that this show will inspire them as well as many others out there. I love how positive they all are and treat each other with respect. I love the truth night the best on the first episode. I like how the children helped their father on the second show. They are a nice family and I’m glad they are sharing their story. They have my support!

I’m going to watch their journey as the show goes on and hope the best for all of them. I think we can all learn a little something form these shows.

January 11, 2010 at 10:23 pm
(48) Mary says:

I think the Cole family is an inspiration to anyone who has battled their weight. They are a very loving family that would rather look at the good qualities about themselves, rather than obsessing about the wrong or bad. Weight issues are complicated and unfortunately if you’re struggling with your weight everyone around can see. I don’t like to hear people make judgemental comments towards the Coles. The people passing judgement most likely have problems of their own, that could be far worse and not so easy for everyone to see. It’ll be interesting to follow the show to see what kind of progress the Coles make. I say good luck to them!

January 12, 2010 at 10:19 pm
(49) paula says:

I love,love this show. I hope they keep this one. its about time we get a show about a real loving family. i liked jon and kate,but they were always fighting.this show is real,its nice to see a family get along so well and love each other so much.i will watch as long as it is on.please do not take this show off the air tlc.

January 14, 2010 at 2:45 pm
(50) sibyl says:

I love this show and the family. They love ech other unconditonally and provide each other with the support needed to achieve the same common goal. I think it’s great what they are doing and the respect and love they show one another is a lesson for all.

January 15, 2010 at 4:30 pm
(51) Marja says:

I love this family. The bond between them is a great example to follow. The children respect their parents and the Mother is wonderful, so is the Father. When I saw the first episode, I said to myself “I surely would love to meet them” Thanks TLC for producing this show

January 16, 2010 at 9:04 pm
(52) Phyllis says:

I love the show it’s GREAT!

January 16, 2010 at 9:44 pm
(53) Mia says:

I love the family, they’re adorable, but I really wish TLC provided a dietician and fitness consultant to help them out. After a lifetime of poor eating, and very little exercise, they are going to have a very difficult time being successful. But I wish them all the best!

January 16, 2010 at 10:00 pm
(54) yvonne says:

I love this show. Now this is reality. This show is an inspiration. When i feel like that I don’t want to do anything for the day or when I don’t eat right either I think about how They have the courage to go forward and that makes me get up and get things done. I do agree about when you eat healthier it is more costly than eating whatever. Anyway keep up the good work and when the critics talk bad don’t worry just pray for them. God Bless

January 16, 2010 at 10:09 pm
(55) Tara says:

I have recently watched the show and I have to commend the family for trying to do something about their weight. And they are also doing it on their own which can sometimes be hard not knowing how to go about it. I hope the best for the family in therir new life style.

January 16, 2010 at 10:31 pm
(56) brenda says:

I feel VERY inspired by this family!!!! they have a great family! they will do good!

January 16, 2010 at 11:08 pm
(57) Amy says:

I have been watching this show tonight & I’m so impressed with this family. Yes, they are (were) clueless about nutrition, and in denial about their health statusbut what a wonderful, loving bunch. And, how cool is it that their kids have such high self esteem. How many teens have that? They really are one big happy family = )

We’re not all perfect, but at least they seem to love and respect each other, and they are working together as a family. I wish them all the best in their journey.

January 16, 2010 at 11:13 pm
(58) Sharon says:

I watched the reruns of this show tonight and I truly feel this show is inspirational…I also have struggled with weight issues throughout my married life and especially after having children…I am not morbidly obese but I feel the issues that are covered in the show “hit home”, no matter how much weight I need to lose….it has it’s humor, naturally, but I enjoyed that as well…I wish everyone would just give this show a chance….this reality show is just that – “reality” to a whole lot of people in this country and maybe, just maybe, we can learn something from it !

January 16, 2010 at 11:41 pm
(59) Kilo Bravo says:

I am watching the reruns of this show and haven’t been able to change the channel. This family is so adorable (love “Truth Night”) and I hope they are all able to get their weight under control enabling them to live love longer, healthier lives.

January 16, 2010 at 11:50 pm
(60) D J says:

It is a good show. I just shows that all families are different. Being before the cameras plus their bad health news is obviously inspiring them. The extra cash may also take some the the pressure off of them. Good bless them and good luck. Everyone lighten up. Quit being down on everything.

January 17, 2010 at 12:03 am
(61) miqa says:

I love this family, they are so loving the mother is so nice the daughter is so cute they are a breath of fresh air it is good to see genuinely nice people shane is very handsome

January 17, 2010 at 1:42 am
(62) billy says:

i just started watching this show….i am a white man who has never struggled with weight, but what i love about the show is their love for each other….they are good people with values and good hearts….it is nice to see a lovely real family that enjoy each other….i wish my family were like theirs….

January 17, 2010 at 1:49 am
(63) Jules says:

I have only watched a few episodes of this show, but I love it. This family is very close knit & seem determined to accomplish their goals. I can’t wait to see how things turn out for them. Good luck Coles family, you’re doing great!!!

January 17, 2010 at 2:07 am
(64) Misty says:

I am so happy that TLC has a show about a normal and happy family. Their love for one another is so geniune and authentic. I wish them all the best and hope the show gets picked up, so we can continue to watch their progress and to help them out a bit financially.

January 17, 2010 at 3:56 am
(65) karen says:

I love this show. It is more real. Keep it going, I for sure will watch.

January 17, 2010 at 4:09 am
(66) aksonflower (from alaska) says:

I am just watching a short marathon of OBHF. I CONGRATULATE all four of them. Tamika what a great way to take charge of your family!!! Norris, stepping up to take Tamika’s hand proper, was wonderful. I am rooting for each of you and praying for you! Sincerely, your friend Tara

January 17, 2010 at 10:40 am
(67) Nelia says:

I think that this family is great loving people. And the more I watch the show the show the more i just fall in love with they support and kindness they have for one another. I wish my family and i had a relationship like theirs. I’m always looking forward to the next episode. I’m a big fan of the happy family because watching them makes me feel HAPPY!!!!

January 17, 2010 at 2:23 pm
(68) Tameka says:

i really love this show for so many reason… i think they will fill there dreams and goals, with hard work we all can do it. i’m to a over weight woman that has been fighting to loss the pounds…. i plan to watch the show as they give me the hope i need as well… they are a very loving family and i pray that tlc will keep this family around… they will be a big blessing to others in need… i know we can do it go coles. much love to you all and keep up the good work!

January 17, 2010 at 4:13 pm
(69) Heather says:

I Love This SHOW!!!!

January 17, 2010 at 4:44 pm
(70) SuziG821 says:

What’s great about this show is that this family is REAL, and they are struggling to make healthy lifestyle changes on their own, just like every family has to. This is not “Biggest Loser”, where participants live in isolation with chefs, nutritionists, personal trainers, and have all the time in the world to work out for 24 hours a day and starve themselves to reach a goal. This is a real family having to educate themselves about weight loss and take baby steps, but making it work nonetheless. So many families can relate to them: the mom who wants the family to try to eat some new vegetables, but no one else in the family wants to even taste them. The teenagers who don’t want to listen to their parents, but who are respectful and loving enough to do as they’re told for their own good. The dad who doesn’t want to change his eating habits, but who’s willing to, for the good of the family. They are doing a great job, and I can’t wait until the show comes back in the summer to see how much weight they’ve lost!

January 18, 2010 at 2:56 pm
(71) rose1023 says:

I absolutly loved this program. Great inspiration. “Truth Night” Wow! What a great way to help people to establish communication with children. This family has the ability to inspire other not only within the weight lost aspect but how to deal with family relationships in a positive way. Way to go TLC! Much better than the Douggars, the Douggar family doesn’t tackle and teach one about how to improve family realationships!

January 18, 2010 at 7:43 pm
(72) allison says:

i saw the show and loved it. i coukdnt stop watching it. i watched a whole marathon of it. i cant wait to see what happens with it in the future

January 18, 2010 at 8:18 pm
(73) agent42 says:

This show is contender for worst on TV. The kids are FAT. FAT! Commenters keep talking about how “inspirational” this family is — what, they inspire you, commenter, to sit around and watch more TV? They do absolutely nothing to improve their lives, other than cook a green meal or two (I saw the mother’s famous lasagna bubbling in the oven on subsequent episodes). Frankly, because of the son’s impending chronic disease couldn’t we classify the parenting closer to child abuse? Send those kids to a fat farm. It’s already over for the parents. There is no point to watching someone (failing) at color guard tryouts or (failing) to slide down a slide. Boring. This is not even good TV, save the camera’s obscene inclusion of their belly fat in the shot every time.

January 19, 2010 at 9:01 pm
(74) Belinda says:

I really enjoy One Big Happy Family there is alway going to be someone complainting “If you don’t like it then don’t watch it. Thank You TLC for Little People Big World, 19 Kids & counting and the Little Couple

January 19, 2010 at 11:03 pm
(75) Mildred says:

Boston Herald critic Mark A. Perigard may not know this but most fat people are never going to have “an intervention led by a corp of professionals who can offer diet advice, exercise tips and reinforcement”. Most people have to read, research, and do the best they can to manage their own nutrition, exercise, and weight loss. By way, pitying fat people doesn’t help them lose weight and neither criticizing them for having gotten so fat in first place. Losing weight is hard for people who have developed unhealthy habits over a lifetime. Seeing this family work together, help and encourage each other while still living in a somewhat normal world is refreshing and inspiring. If they can do it, maybe I can too, even if I have to live at home instead of on a health ranch.

January 21, 2010 at 5:13 pm
(76) Judy says:

It’s a very good show done in good taste. Not only are they showing and educating us about big people, but African-American (aka, people of color). I love how they interact. My favorite show was mom broiling chicken breasts in the oven using corning ware baking dish. I miss Kate Gosselin and the children, and by no means does the new family take their place.

Please keep this family on TLC and don’t corrupt the family or show. Keep the tabloids away. Let this family continue to live their lives as a family and not as stars, not as celebrities. TLC has given us a good family, now leave them alone to do what they do best…be a family.

January 21, 2010 at 7:37 pm
(77) Anana D. says:

I love watching this family. They’re love for each other is amazing and inspirational. Please do not drop the show. I want to learn more about them and look forward to watching them lose weight together.

January 23, 2010 at 4:25 pm
(78) Rhonda says:

Great show! The family love shines through and most importantly they are REAL. Everyday family with everyday issues. Keep the shows coming. We are rooting right along with the Coles for a healthier, longer life. God Bless You All.

January 27, 2010 at 11:17 pm
(79) CapitalP says:

I’m happy to see a real normal, non-sensationalized black family on TV. Sure they’re fat, that’s as sensational as it gets and that’s good! When the daughter got upset at getting her hair wet, when the father dreamed of burgers while talking about his health problems, when the Mother asks her kids to sing while they walked to keep her going . . . that’s was real and I loved it! Keep it up! I’m going to encourage everyone I know to watch it! Just tell me the dates and time!

February 4, 2010 at 4:45 pm
(80) KIm says:

WHAT HAPPENED TO THE SHOW?…. I miss it, is it coming back? Please bring it back

February 7, 2010 at 6:09 pm
(81) RNEEE in Florida says:

I love this show. I’m skinny in comparison to this family, I have nothing but LOVE for them. They have inspired me to get back to exercising. Thank you TLC for real programming. I have all of my friends(skinny,medium, obese) watching this show. Keep up the good work Cole family and you will succeed in all you do.

February 8, 2010 at 10:45 pm
(82) Whitney says:

I think this show is a great way to inspire people to become healthier, which in todays world almost everyone could take a lesson. There truely is hope for this family and i believe they can really make a change for the better. I dont see why anyone would want to put them down. We all have our demons to face, and they should be acknowledge for they’re courage to face them on tv.

February 9, 2010 at 6:38 pm
(83) BRENDA says:

I LOVE THIS SHOW AND HOPE THEY DO NOT CANCEL IT. IT GIVES HOPE THAT WE CAN LOSE WEIGHT, PLUS THE FAMILY IS REALLY FUNNY AND ENTERTAINING, IT SHOWS THEY LOVE THEMSELVES, WHEN THEY WERE OBESE AND WHILE THEY ARE IN THE PROCESS OF LOSING WEIGHT, THEY DO NOT SHOW TO BE OBSESSED ABOUT THEIR WEIGHT, BUT CONCERNED AND WILLING TO TRY TO LOSE THE WEIGHT. I LIKE THE SHOW

February 10, 2010 at 4:33 pm
(84) realitytv says:

Great news for fans of the show. It will be back in the summer.

More here:

February 17, 2010 at 6:17 pm
(85) CJ says:

TLC has taken one more step down the ladder of entertainment with this show… I have gone from watching a lot on TLC to now watching about one 30 min. show each week… Their programming on the whole has gone to crap…

February 17, 2010 at 8:49 pm
(86) New Fan says:

I LOOOOOVE this show. Tonight is the first I heard about it. I turned in on while channel surfing. This family is so sweet. So REAL. So funny.

Boooo, hisss to all you negative commenters.

February 24, 2010 at 1:35 pm
(87) Barbara says:

The show is o.k. but the issues are very serious, obesity
is not all that funny and Norris why aren’t you working outside the home? I’m sorry your daughter is about to go to
college and Tameka has alot on her shoulders, and then she
has to braid your hair and cut your son’s hair. I DONT KNOW
if I the scales in your family are even.(no pun) obesity has
alot of underlying issues. I’m no doctor, but I share the disease with you. Diabetes, Heart disease, arthritis in the
joints from obesity? Reality but not so funny. love you guys!!!!!!!!

February 24, 2010 at 11:30 pm
(88) Bochan says:

I was first introduced to this show on an entertainment site. I never thought it would pull me in. I have to say that I have come to enjoy it, like many posters. say Their honest love for each other comes shining through. For those of us obsessed with staying skinny or small, I am one, you might think it is a complete turn-off. But you are challenged on many levels. From a unique family structure with a stay at home dad, a clearly educated son and daughter, a nice home in a nice neighborhood, this family demonstrates lots of genuine affection for each other. I always try and resist television series, especially reality shows. However, this is a tad different. (Ironically, the most judgmental poster in the comment section would, of course, comment in caps, screaming at the entire world. The negative poster had such unnecessary contempt.) I do wish people would proof read what they write a little more. The comments have a lot of grammatical errors and poor use of vocabulary. Mrs. Andrews, my favorite English teacher would be completely aghast. But, for the most part, the sentiment runs through……………….

March 3, 2010 at 7:20 pm
(89) Landa says:

I really like this show. The family is learning to change and eat healthier. I see that it is already been taken off the air. I support the Coles and hope to see more of them. They are a very close and loving family. We need to see that more!

March 3, 2010 at 9:29 pm
(90) alana says:

I think this family is wonderful and so dedicated to each other I commend them for doing what they are doing and doing it with the support of each other and the mother is awesome you go girl!!!!!!!

March 12, 2010 at 5:17 pm
(91) sassyjud says:

I am truly offended at the lengths, TLC is would go through to make money or get ratings. As an African American female it offends me, to see the way african americans are viewed on tv. One big happy family does not represent black america. Just like jon and kate there are black couples that have had four sets of twins, where are they? just like the little people with all kinds of challenges and preserverence to keep on, where are the black little people.
I’m offended because the first chance TLC gets to make a show about African americans we have to portrayed as court jesters and bafunes. Whatever the nonmenculture, I’m offended that African Americans are seen as clowns that’s here to make white america laugh.
I’m Offended!

April 4, 2010 at 4:59 pm
(92) Diane says:

Hi, I am a graduate student doing a survey about television viewing habits and health behavior. (Specifically using One Big Happy Family as the sample TV show.) Please help me by taking this short survey.: http://tinyurl.com/yztzxlg Thanks

April 6, 2010 at 2:03 pm
(93) judy says:

I caught the marathon of this show a while back and really enjoyed it. What I liked most was the genuine love and concern each family member had for each other. Although the family is battling obesity, in many ways I view them as an ideal family (in the way they communicate with each other, spend time with each other, laugh and joke with each other).

I am so sick of all the overly dramatic “reality” shows where everyone is self-centered and issues that nobody cares about are blown way out of proportion. And then there are the fake happy family shows (ie. Jon & Kate) where you could tell the couples weren’t really as happy as they made out to be for the sake of the camera.

The Big Family is refreshing to watch. They seem real, they are likable. Their drama of battling obesity is something many people in this country can identify with. I am not overweight, but I still find it a challenge to eat and live healthier, so even I can identify with this family.

And it’s nice to see regular normal people going through the everyday challenge of it. I get sick of all the celebrity shots of before and after as if it was something that happened over night. I want to see the ups and downs, the frustration, the hard work, because it’s something we all face.

Overall, love the family and enjoy the show.

May 2, 2010 at 2:43 am
(94) dddd says:

I would much rather see this show, than some great big family with too many bratty children. TLC has too many shows about large families with no purpose. At least this large family has a purpose. To loose weight. They are also very likeable.

May 29, 2010 at 7:08 pm
(95) Shana says:

I love this show. I can’t wait for it on come back on in June.

May 29, 2010 at 9:30 pm
(96) Davey says:

I’ll pass!!!

May 30, 2010 at 9:52 pm
(97) RR says:

I love this show. It shows a true family trying to get healthy on their own. Now a days, there are lots of family in this North America that are leading a life just like them, maybe not as big but still at the obese level. So just because they choose to share their story they are getting critizied for it? I enjoy their humor, and upbeat attitudes. They don’t blame their weight on anyone else or anything, they take responsibility for their weight.
It kind of gives people encouragement and they are able to see this family can do it so they can do it also.
Also the previews for season 2 look so good and look like they are getting results and maybe a trainer?

May 31, 2010 at 10:55 pm
(98) dinotoro says:

I hate this show. It’s just plain disgusting to watch these useless blobs of fat struggle with simple tasks. What makes it worse is their ape-like intelligence and grammar.

Eat that!

June 1, 2010 at 7:23 pm
(99) Burnetta Wilson says:

I Jjust would like to know why all of the tubs from the post office are in the home.

June 2, 2010 at 2:29 pm
(100) steve block says:

what is so different about this family,nothing new,father has no job,all fat slobs,mother is the bread winner with the help of welfare i am sure, when the show is cancelled all the weight will be gained back plus some,the father will leave,”nothing new” daughter will become a prostitute,son will be on drugs,mother will commit harry carry,” one big happy family.

June 2, 2010 at 5:32 pm
(101) Maria Mendoza says:

Hi, i have to say you guys are assom i love watching youre show you guys are so loving with each other and all have an assom personality especially (mom). I gotta tell you that you guys all can loose weight with will power. I know how hard it is to want to loose weight i myself have stuggled for 9 years and i still havent beig able to loose the weight because its so hard to be on your own with no support. You guys hae each other and support each other dont let that change. I know what if feels like to be “obesed” i myself weight 335 lbs and i am only 29 every time i watch your show i tell myself if my family would be like yours i would already met my goal of loosing 100 punds. Keep up th good work you guys are doing i am your number one fan.

June 2, 2010 at 5:35 pm
(102) Susan Oliver says:

Why do people want to throw stones at a show that has a family trying to do their best. TRYING. You should go after the pedaphile show Toddlers in Tiares where adults dress children up in adult ways the cosmetics and sexy moves. Now that is Disgusting.

June 3, 2010 at 5:45 pm
(103) STEVE BLOCK says:

attention maria mendoza,first of all learn how to spell,maybe all your fat fingers were obstructing your view of the keyboard,give it up,you will not lose the weight if you did not di it by now unless you get a show with the rest of the fat slobs.

June 4, 2010 at 2:32 am
(104) Santanna says:

This is a normal obese family trying to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle! They are doing rather great on their own and sheding pounds in a healthy manor. It would be nice to see tlc give them more support. By that I mean personal trainer and healthy cooking classes for momma….lol! I hope they bennifit greatly from the show physicaly and financialy!

June 7, 2010 at 11:43 am
(105) Laverne Pugh says:

People need to stop making fun of this family. Obesity is in every family and is not an easy matter. They are trying to take control of their weight problem and they need us to encourage and pray for them. You may not be struggling with weight, but may be struggling with another bad habit that you can’t let go. Think about it – none of us are perfect. If your children see you making fun of people – what do you think your children going to end up doing. One Big Happy Family reality show is helping me to take control of what I eat, because I see their determination to beat this thing. This family has what a lot of families wish for “LOVE”.

June 9, 2010 at 6:02 am
(106) Gloria says:

I love this show so much and I tell all my friends about it and now I want to start taking care of myself better … thank you Cole Family

June 9, 2010 at 12:16 pm
(107) ERIC FUENTES says:

i did watch this idiotic show,a bunch of fat pigs acting like they want to lose weight for the camera,maybe they should get jobs,typical i guess,father has no job,i am suprised he is still around,once the show is cancelled he will be gone ,rest of family will be on section eight,the mother will be cooking with lard again,all the weight will return plus some.they will rename the show”my big fat hippos”.

June 9, 2010 at 8:58 pm
(108) Ari says:

The premise of this show is AWFUL and SAD! I can’t believe TLC has sunken to a new low!!

It’s bad enough that it seems like almost every show or commercial I see with black folks in it has them speaking poorly or using profane language…or moderately overweight to reinforce the “mamie” image…now we have to have a show with an entire family of extremely obese black people??? To prove what?

It only goes to show the lack of creativity on TLC’s part…and the poor jmnt of this poor family for allowing themselves to be exploited.

June 10, 2010 at 4:56 pm
(109) Frances Wright says:

I simply hate this show. Overweight should not be used to make money.

June 11, 2010 at 12:15 am
(110) Alexandra says:

Steve Block:

First:

How incredibly hypocritical you are for criticizing Maria Mendoza’s spelling when your two posts contain spelling errors as well.

Second:

Maria’s post is much more readable than yours are. At least SHE knows how to use correct capitalization and punctuation. Ever hear of a comma splice, sweetie?

Third:
I’ve rarely read more ignorant posts than yours . . . yet you have the audacity to denigrate someone else’s intelligence?

IMO, you could learn a great deal from the Coles family about how to show acceptance toward others.

Harry karry indeed.
*eyeroll*

June 11, 2010 at 3:07 pm
(111) Joyce says:

The episode this week, (June 7) where Shane was talking back to his Mother; made me think that TLC must be writing scripts for them because no black mother would have sat there and exchanged words with a child. If this show is going to continue, I suggest letting the Cole family act as natural as possible so as to put their children in check when needed. The father just sat there while the son spoke to his mother and didn’t say anything – not in real life would this happen. The mother being OK with her daughter internet dating – not in real life would this happen. I like the show and would like to support it but if the parents are going to allow their kids to talk back and disrespect them in such a manner, I cannot and will not subject myself to this foolishness.

June 11, 2010 at 5:41 pm
(112) steve block says:

attention,alexandra, i noticed you never mentioned my views on the show,i must assume you agree with me,so thank you for that.if you want you can come over on tuesday night and we will watch it together and eat a bucket of chicken.

June 13, 2010 at 4:43 pm
(113) steve block says:

attention alexandra,no comment?

June 15, 2010 at 9:54 pm
(114) Jay says:

Steve Block

You are an a**hole with nothing else better to do. Get a life. You must like the show because you keep watching. Why place so much energy in something you don’t like? Move on already.

Great show TLC! Joyce, I totally agree.

June 16, 2010 at 10:48 am
(115) steve block says:

listen JAY,”gay name by the way”the show is entertaining to me because those fat pigs on the show don’t even realize they are being made fun of,you must be a fat chiken eating slob yourself,probably gay also with a name like that,by sweetie.

June 16, 2010 at 1:47 pm
(116) steve block says:

attention alexandra,i did not think you would comment,probably to busy eating a big plate of chitlings with hot sauce,you fat horse.

June 20, 2010 at 10:17 pm
(117) Marcie says:

I enjoy the show and all the love that this family has. Keep on pushing, keep your heads up and you will be able to do whatever you want to. Never mind the negative people, they don’t have the love that your family has or the money you all are making. They are not talking negative about the 8 Plus or the 18 Plus.

June 23, 2010 at 1:17 pm
(118) steve block says:

attention marcy,why would i have love for a family of beached whales,who eat more than actual whales. no one forced all the fatback ,crisco oil fried chicken,hog lowels down their gullets.as for them having money,i dont think so,did you see the piece of crap they drive,that needed repairs,the show did not pay for that ,welfare and section eight paid for it.as for 8 plus eight,that was out or her control.

June 30, 2010 at 12:16 pm
(119) WOW... says:

TO STEVE, WOW, I AM SO SURPRISED AT YOUR REACTIONS TO THE SHOW AS WELL AS TO SOME OF THE COMMENTS. I AGREE WITH ANOTHER COMMENTER, MIGHTY FUNNY YOU HAVE SO MUCH TO SAY ABOUT THE SHOW, ITS OBVIOUS YOU’RE WATCHING IT SINCE YOU KNOW SO MUCH ABOUT IT. YOU ALSO COMMENTED ON SOMEONE’S GRAMMAR WHEN U CONTINUE TO MISPELL, YOU CAN’T EVEN SPELL CHICKEN RIGHT YOU SPELLED IT AS SUCH(CHIKEN)..WOW…I JUST HAPPENED TO SEE THE SHOW YESTERDAY FOR THE FIRST TIME ON DEMAND AND I THINK THEY ARE A LOVING FAMILY WHO STICK TOGETHER THROUGH IT ALL, THEY HAVE LOST A LOT OF WEIGHT ON THEIR OWN AND IT ISN’T ANYTHING WRONG WITH THAT!!! TO ERIC FUENTES AND OTHERS WHO COMMENTED ON THE DAD NOT WORKING, IF YOU WATCH THE SHOW THEN YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT HE IS PERMANENTLY DISABLED AND THIS IS WHY THE MOM IS THE BREAD WINNER! @ LEAST HE IS THERE AND HE IS A PART OF THE FAMILY’S LIFE, I COULD SEE IF HE WAS THERE BUT NOT A PARTICIPANT…ALL OF YOU NEGATIVE PEOPLE NEED TO GET A LIFE, BECAUSE LIFE IS TOO SHORT, GOD FORBID ANYTHING TRAGIC HAPPEN TO ANY OF YOU BECAUSE YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO HANDLE IT, I PRAY FOR PEOPLE LIKE YOU!
ALL FAMILIES NEED TO BE LIKE THEM, LOVING AND CARING, THAT OVER RIDES EVERYTHING, I CAN’T WAIT TO SEE HOW WELL THEY ARE DOING NOW…KUDOS TO THE COLE FAMILY, MAY GOD CONTINUE TO BLESS YOU THROUGHOUT YOUR JOURNEY…:)
OH YEAH AND ONE MORE THING, TO SAY THAT THEY ARE A A WELFARE FAMILY AND HAVE SECTION 8 YOU GUYS ARE JUST JEALOUS, AT LEAST THEY HAVE THEIR OWN HOME AND SHE MAKES AN HONEST LIVING, YOU CAN’T COLLECT WELFARE IF YOU WORK, (HOW SMART ARE YOU??!!!!!)THE MORE NEGATIVITY YOU PUT OUT TOWARDS THAT FAMILY, THE MORE GOD IS BLESSING THEM!!!!!!

July 1, 2010 at 8:45 am
(120) steve block says:

attention wow,first of all i did not spell chicken incorrectly,its obvious you can not spell a simple word like chicken,no wonder you like the show ,you are dumb and ignorant as they are.as for the father being “disabled”
typical excuse for not working,i guess fat is now a disability.the only reason he is still around is for the show and hopes to make money from being fat.once the show is off the air ,hello fat back and neck bones. I doubt these elephants will keep the weight off, have you ever seen four skinny elephants at one time ?they probably have to replace the shocks on the car once a month.that is all for now ,thank you for reading.

July 1, 2010 at 10:59 pm
(121) Sky says:

This family and show are far more “real” than Kate and her brood or others. The episode where the family car broke down and they walked up to the repair shop and used a credit card to pay for it…endeared this family to me even more. Reminds me more of every day people I live amongst and their weight struggles are real but they are really trying and working at it as a family…that is REAL and so many Americans, of all ethnic backgrounds, are facing this. This strikes me as more REAL than the fat farm and biggest loser…because this family is in their real day to day life trying to make it work. I cheer them on and and appreciate the family bond. I like this show!

July 11, 2010 at 12:59 pm
(122) debra says:

I think that it is a WONDERFUL SHOW AND i would like to keep wathing it there is just alot of haters out there from one obesit person to another

August 4, 2010 at 4:40 pm
(123) KJC says:

I watched the show for two hours last night, and I like the honesty of the family on their and truth and want to change their lives!
I hope the show does well!! I’m all for them!

August 9, 2010 at 4:30 pm
(124) steve block says:

attention ,kjc have you nothing better to do than watch four fat slobs on tv for four hours? you must be a fat cow like them to be entertained for that long.I bet if you sat on a wicker chair everyone in town would have enough toothpicks for a year.get your eat on fatty.

October 12, 2010 at 6:41 pm
(125) kb says:

Bring back One Big Happy Family!!! It was a great show and a true reality show!! The family was learning and losing and they really love and care about each other. So typical that it was cancelled…it wasn’t trashy!!!

November 8, 2010 at 1:31 am
(126) Victoria says:

Me and my family really enjoyed watching One big happy family. We were sad when tlc stop showing their show. I hope they will bring it back. I will not watch tlc until they return. Most of the reality show they kept are boring, except little couple. BRING BACK ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY NOW……..

November 21, 2010 at 10:17 am
(127) Nita says:

Hi I Like this show and hope it comes back on!!!

November 27, 2010 at 1:35 pm
(128) malp says:

I really thought One Big Happy Family was a good show, unlike most reality shows out there it does represent a large portion of middle America. It may be hard for some to watch this morbid obese family, but the fact that the purpose of the show was to watch them get healthier seems to have gotten lost. TLC should reconsider bringing it back, maybe those who have similar circumstances will be inspired to change.

December 2, 2010 at 11:18 pm
(129) Kathie K says:

Why do idiot people make it out to be something bad just because they are African American. It was very invigorating to watch a whole family no matter if they were blue or green. Give them a break. The Mom was so encourageing she was loseing so fast and trying with the rest of the fmily. They were funny and loveing and deserve to be back on TV.

January 3, 2011 at 5:25 pm
(130) steve block says:

well well ,what can you say,I guess they could not resist all the chitterlings,fat back ,neck bones,and whatever else is high in fat,the show is off the air,i am sure they all went back to the way of life they were familiar with. the father has no job,both kids probably got so fat they get stuck in the air when they jump.the car shocks and brakes need replacing once a week.and the mother ran away with the social worker. they should rename the show my big happy hippos,all they would eat are white marbles.

January 17, 2011 at 1:46 pm
(131) shay says:

My family love the show please bring it back! We need them