1. Entertainment

Update on Jenelle from 16 and Pregnant

By February 17, 2010

If you watched Jenelle Evans on the 16 and Pregnant season premiere last night, you might be wondering what the party-loving teen mom is up to these days.

In an update posted to the MTV Remote Control blog, Jenelle says she now goes out one night a week on Fridays or Saturdays, when her mother and her boyfriend will watch her son Jace. "Other than that, I watch him every day," she says. "I realized partying gets old fast. It's not even fun to me anymore."

Janelle also says Jace's father Andrew has visited the baby only three times since he was born.

The new season of MTV's 16 and Pregnant continues next week.

Comments

February 17, 2010 at 1:53 pm
(1) Christy says:

I hope the update info on Janelle is true because it was painful watching that episode. Jace is an adorable baby and it didn’t even seem like Janelle had one ounce of maternal feelings towards him. She just wanted to send him off to daycare or her mother while she continued her obnoxious lifestyle. Episodes like this prove more and more that young girls should give their babies up for adoption – in the best interest of the child.

September 4, 2010 at 1:43 am
(2) Sierra says:

Not every mother parties all the time. My friend had a child at 15. She was a party girl. Did drugs, drank, everything you could think of. When she found out she was pregnant, everything changed. 16 & Pregnant wants ratings, so they show the worst parts. You don’t know the whole story behind Jenelle.

January 13, 2011 at 8:56 pm
(3) Patricia says:

Christy not every teen mom is like that. There are some that are and just have to take time to grow up really quickly, in order to raise a baby. So for you to lump everyone into one group saying that they should all give their flesh and blood up for adoption. Its sad when people think like this. I was 23 when I had my son, all alone.
As far as the update I hope that this is true because that baby deserves the best that he can have.

February 19, 2010 at 12:06 am
(4) Jessica says:

Christy, I find your comment very offensive. I had my little girl at the young age of 18, and I am doing a fabulous job. I agree that some young mothers should give their babies up for adoption, but you simply said “young girls should give their babies up for adoption.” That’s just rude of you to say. I know many teen mothers who do a great job. They work full-time jobs. Live on their own, and support their babies with no help. It hurts me that girls like Jenelle make people like you think that all teen mothers are bad. That’s not the case at all. You’re ignorant.

February 21, 2010 at 2:19 pm
(5) Jake says:

Jessica, move on. Christy was simply saying many teen mothers don’t give their children the attention they deserve. Which is entirely true, its not an opinion or bias.. its a fact. 2/3 of teen marriages also end.. they just aren’t equipped to handle some things at such a young age. Specifically… Jenelle. She was an idiot.

February 21, 2010 at 4:01 pm
(6) Amber says:

Jake-You are the one that needs to move on! It’s not a matter of age for parenting or marriage. It’s a matter of maturity! I married my husband at 16 which is a Marine by the way & I had my daughter at 17! I live with my husband a good ways from my other family & I have went through 3 deployments with my husband & we are still doing great, and I raise my daughter better than many people of all ages! Yes that jenelle girl is very sad for how she is not taking care of her own child but half of the young marriages & teen parenting are very successful. So maybe you shouldn’t judge the masses over the few!!

February 21, 2010 at 6:47 pm
(7) Zme says:

I would give anything in the world to have a baby and this girl does not appreciate what she has. It is so sad that there are so many couples who can’t have a baby. She should have given him for adoption.

February 22, 2010 at 10:17 am
(8) Cassie says:

Jake & Christy, you guys truly are ignorant. So, your going to tell me that every girl below the age of eighten that gets pregnant will be a no good mother ? You dont understand how hard it is to keep up with a yourself let alone a child. Plus, her babys daddy was nothing. Her mother was helping her out and she came to her senses after a while. Im proud of Jenelle. she stayed strong throughout the whole thing. Listen to Jessica and Amber. Its NOT about age or marriage its about if they can handle the responsibility of a child. And no jenelle wasnt responisble but thats what the show is for to show you it is hard and to let people like YOU two know that its not about what you guys believe its about.

February 24, 2010 at 7:33 pm
(9) Allison says:

Jake & christy you guys need to shut the hell up you guys dont know was up so stop opening your mouths cassie is rite its not about the age or marrige i had my baby when i was 15 & people think im a great mom & my boyfriend & me have been together since i was 12 & up till this day im still with him im 17 now its sad how jenelle doesnt take care of her baby she doesnt relaize what she has with her & hopefully shes a good mom now. You guys are so ignorant get a life.

February 25, 2010 at 10:25 pm
(10) princaess says:

Wow- guess eveyone missed the part where she is an immature brat that did drugs while pregnant and continued to neglect the needs of only innocent in this situation after he was born… Is every teen equiped to have a child? Hell no. Is every parent equiped? Hell no. I was also a teen mom- now I’m a graduate, teens are not mentally developed enough… But some of us probe the “norm” wrong- fact is this little girl needs to grow up and I hope she takes a trip to Brunswick County jail for endangering the welfare of a child AND neglect. Screw up your life-not a baby’s!

February 26, 2010 at 2:02 am
(11) Angie says:

Allison, you need to learn how to spell.

February 26, 2010 at 2:06 am
(12) n8whit says:

Teenage parenthood as well as single parenthood is destroying America. I am a juvenile psych major and it is horrible reading/ studying the research on this phenomenon… Not every kid is harmed, but a good majority are. In fact enough are that it is actually going to have a huge detrimental impact on America and her productivity/ well being.

February 27, 2010 at 4:08 pm
(13) mommyoftwo says:

I really hope Janelle learns that being a mother is the most rewarding part of life and even though it’s hard at times, it is worth it. It made me really sad to watch this episode and see her act so selfishly. I remember myself at 16 and could not imagine having a baby at that age. I know a part of your childhood has been taken away, and I know it’s hard. But now is the time to step up and show everyone what a wonderful mother you can and will be. Best of luck to her and her son, I hope she will find the inner mother within herself and take responsibility for her actions. Your child will never be this small again, although waking up every 2-4 hours in the middle of the night can be hard, hearing them say “mama” for the first time will make you realize it was worth it. Again best of luck.
-Mother of a 5yr old and 9month old

April 2, 2010 at 6:38 pm
(14) pisslove says:

As long as these teen sluts don’t use the welfare system, who cares. If they do its not surprising, white trash sludge. Here’s some advice, keep your legs together hooker

January 13, 2011 at 7:48 pm
(15) Brittni says:

You are so ignorant. I hate to tell you this and ruin your perfect world, but every teen has sex. And sometimes when you are young and careless you make mistakes. That does not make someone trash. I’m pretty sure you’ve made mistakes in your life so you must be “with trash sludge” to.

April 8, 2010 at 12:20 pm
(16) lexi says:

This girl was one of the worst ones I’ve seen on this show. I was appalled at her attitude towards her mother and her expectation that her mom should take care of Jace instead of her. I hate seeing girls who just pawn their babies off on their mothers.

And Janelle’s little friend… “I think if you’re responsible enough to have sex, you’re responsible enough to have a baby.”

Unbelievable all around.

April 14, 2010 at 10:50 pm
(17) Ruby says:

I have been left stunned after watching Jenelle’s episode. Her mother is a saint and I think Jenelle sadly is not fit at present to be a mother. Her mother has obviously bonded with the child and cannot give him up. Jenelle is a very lucky young lady having her mother and I would not be surprised if social services took that baby away if Jenelle’s mother was not on the scene. I do hope that Jenelle will reflect after watching her episode at what a truly selfish monster she is at present.

April 18, 2010 at 6:36 pm
(18) Smiling says:

I feel truly sorry for the families that seemigly pick up the slack for the 16 year olds on this show. A few of them have reallly stepped up to the challenge, but most of them depend on their parents (whom they continually curse at during the show??). My heart goes out to the kids when they get older and watch the show, hearing their mother say things like “It’s like prison taking care of him”… how horrible a thing to hear. It isn’t just the teen moms that can be incapable of being good parents. I’ve seen many that are the best I’ve known. I’ve also seen older parents that should have stuck with having dogs.

April 20, 2010 at 11:41 pm
(19) angela says:

Is Jenelle’s mother even capable of raising that baby? look how her daughter turned out! Everyone is upset about the way she talks to her mother, Well she should have raised her daughter to have some respect! If i talked to my mother like that even now at the age of 21, she would slap me. I was a teen mother i got pregnant when i was 17. I have two children now. I wouldn’t change it and i have no regrets. I love my children more than life itself. Some people are to selfish to raise a child. I have seen it in teenagers as well as adults. Hopefully Jenelle will get over herself to realize that her baby is the best part of her!

May 14, 2010 at 3:19 am
(20) Meg says:

I just watched Jenelle’s episode in Australia and she makes me so angry. Perhaps Jenelle needs to spend some time in prison to really appreciate what she has. Her beautiful baby deserves more. Jenelle says she makes time for herself, Jenelle ONLY thinks of herself. Grow up girl, you’re petty, disrespectful to your mother, selfish and ungrateful. You made the decision to have sex and keep your baby so step up and do it. Being a teenager is no excuse, you gave up that right when you decided to you were mature enough to be responsible for another person’s life. Jace depends on you, you’re his mother and so far you act like a spoilt little bitchy girl.
I work with kids everyday and to be honest some kids are better off spending every day in childcare. As far as I’ve seen on the show, Jace is better off going to childcare, spending the day with people who are going to give him attention and enjoy him being there because his mother doesn’t seem to care about anyone but herself. I hope Jenelle grows up and realises how perfect her son is and cherishes all the milestones that are to come. Jace deserves that!

June 6, 2010 at 5:24 pm
(21) rosi says:

I’m about to spew some negativity here:

Amber, guess what. That’s the only job your husband will ever be able to get and I’m actually suprised the Marines deployed him with a family. They try to avoid that. Your family will make it to the lower economical social class and never amount to more then that. Your husband will never be more then a foot soldier, because without an education he won’t be able to move up. Hope you’re happy shopping at wal-mart and ending up on the “People who shop at Wal-Mart” blog. You contribute nothing productive to society, your children will repeat your history and also contribute nothing productive to society. Soldiers are a dime a dozen and obviously haven’t protected America from anything. P.S. later on in life he’s going to cheat on you, but as long as your happy then that’s all that matters.

Allison, you’re obviously an idiot and I can tell by all the misspellings in your post. Why you ever spawned is beyond me. Your irresponsibilty is reprehensible.

Jessica, at 18 you’re an adult.

I got pregnant while in college and did the responsible thing of terminating the pregnancy because I knew I wouldn’t be able to care for the child and give it the love it deserved. At the time I was also drinking heavily and smoking cigarettes and pot, knowing the effects of those on the baby also lead to my decision, as did the fact that at the time I was dealing with other harmful chemicals as part of my job. Having a baby that would have all those health problems, then letting it grow up in an orphanage wouldn’t be fair or kind. I don’t regret anything

September 3, 2010 at 9:26 am
(22) shannon says:

You seriously have another thing coming to you if you think its that cut and dry. Thank god you got an abortion because people as ignorant as you should be sterilized.

June 6, 2010 at 7:55 pm
(23) anuenueiki says:

i think for me being a mom it is hard but yet i no its wrong for mommies that just gave birth to there baby when the baby is just few days old and party its so wrong but thats just how i feel i never partyed at all i love my son he’s my world and my everything it is hard to be a parent you you dont have support of anyone but yourself mother’s loev your child with all your heart.

June 7, 2010 at 9:00 pm
(24) DJ says:

Wow Rosie, how you taken your antidepressants lately? How dare you judge Amber and her husband because they are a military family, at least her husband is doing something respectful for his country and his family, unlike you. You are probably one of those people that like to sit at the computer in your underwear, in your mom’s basement, posting mean and negative comments all over the internet because you have nothing better to do. Do you have a crystal ball?? How in the hell can you predict their future and say they will never be a part of, as you put it ” productive members of society.” And stop trying to use big words to make you sound smart, you are the ignorant one and you are a joke!! The only comment that I agree with you on is that Allison can’t spell. And another thing, your little “story” about getting an abortion is hardly the “responsible” thing to do. The responsible thing to do would have been to use protection, or simply keeping your legs closed. Don’t get me wrong, I am pro-choice, but I don’t judge someones choice of abortion or adoption, and you would think that if you had an abortion yourself ,you would be a little more sympathetic towards the difficult choices these teens have to make.
Okay Rosie, I am done with you now… now I will go on to say that I think Janelle made me sick and I felt so bad for her mother and Jace, I hope she gets her act together.
I was 18 when I got pregnant with my twins, and I struggled for many years, but my daughters never went without, and I love being their mother, they are my everything! I am now a college graduate working in the medical field and I am so happy that I made the decision that I did, and that was to keep them. So all the negative people out there that say all teen moms are destined to be “bad parents,” or will never make anything of themselves, is just not always true..you are the ignorant ones. Yes I am sure there are tons of bad teen parents out there, but there are also tons of great young parents as well. You shouldn’t put everyone into your stereotypical box.
Sorry so long everyone, I am very passionate about this subject because I have been through it.

June 10, 2010 at 11:13 am
(25) Jannelle says:

Its not that teens should put their children up for adoption just because you might think they don’t care. They do, but some of them are scared and don’t want to hurt their baby. I think that the child came from your body and that its YOURS not anyone elses. putting your kid in daycare isn’t that bad, atleast it’s going to be safe. same with leaving it with your mom.

November 2, 2010 at 1:01 am
(26) Samantha says:

A child is not property, and parents don’t have to be biologically related to you to be parents. My biological mother had me at 15, and she was smart enough to put me up for adoption. My parents are loving, amazing, and responsible people who have raised me to be all that I can be, and I love them for that. To say that a child is YOURS solely because you gave birth to him/her is ignorant. Sometimes the best thing that a mother can do is give their child up so that they can have the best life possible.

June 14, 2010 at 1:17 pm
(27) Jo says:

If you tell someone they’re an idiot and uneducated, your point would be more credible if YOU spell everything right in your comment.
Bottom line – Babies deserve a life with mature people who have had life experiences, who planned to have children, and who are married. Kids need to be raised with both parents who are mentally ready to have them. Ask any 40+ year old who had babies in their teens and, if they have progressed in life (not scum on a lifetime of welfare), will tell you the same.

August 15, 2010 at 3:26 am
(28) Momo says:

I feel horrible for Jenelle’s mother. She shows no form of respect for her, after her mom works, pays for the baby and looks after it. Honestly, someone like Jenelle deserves to be thrown out of the home into the streets to see exactly how hard life is. Stupid bitch.

September 6, 2010 at 11:41 am
(29) ashley says:

not true im a teen mom. and im doing a fantastic job of takin care of my twin daughter.so jake u need to mind ur own buisness .janelle isa dumbass not all of us r bad moms

November 2, 2010 at 11:25 pm
(30) amyK says:

at the end of the show she saw she needs her mom,and mom always knows best.Even when we think they don’t know what they are talking about.I find myself saying the same things mine said to me!!!!BUT,I do hope and PRAY that Jenelle is doing better,with Jace and her own life and her MOM.BECAUSE it’s TRUE when everyone you think will always be there for you,THEY GET A LIFE,BOYFRIENDS,KIDS ETC…OF THEIR OWN AND ALL YOU HAVE IS YOUR MOM…Your party buddies will buy you a beer before they give you $ for milk or pampers.WATCH.
I did not want to think that about my friends,but when i grew-up and stop “going out”,they stop coming around,there was days i didnt even eat,my child did,but i didnt I called a few of them asked for a few $$ to eat,i was told,”i would but just going to the store to get beer and _____”so I called mom,I ATE.
ALWAYS REMEMBER YOUR PARENTS LOVE YOU,LIKE YOU LOVE YOUR CHILD.!!!!GOOD LUCK JENELLE….STAY STRONG,SAFE
AND STRAIGHT,BE GOOD ITS NOT A BAD WAY TO LIVE.
GOD BLESS YOU AND BABY JACE AND MOM!!!!

November 22, 2010 at 2:01 am
(31) Aliya says:

@Jo- good Point… @ the chic who nailed Rosie as the person who sits @ the computer in their underwear-**RIGHT ON** @Rosie- you sick stupid nasty pig- you of all people have no right to comment on this page, as you OBVIOUSLY have nothing in common with ANYONE who owns a brain or heart on this planet.. BTW- bitch please try using the word*then* in the past tense- where it SHOULD BE.. the correct word your DUMBASS has seemingly MISPLACED is *than*!!! Genius!!! While I myself am EDUCATED, you will never see me insert my foot in mouth- especially after attempting to assassinate another persons character!!! You DUMB BITCH! How dare you speak of people who are good HARD WORKING citizens, and wonderful parents?! When you are a friggin MURDERER u stupid WHORE?? Mannn let me shut up before I actually catch feelings over this DUMB UNEDUCATED WHORE MURDERER… Oh and btw- yes that other dumb hoe jenelle from the show should really be ashamed of herself, and snap back into reality, if not, she will be sorry…. Rosie- go jump off a tall ass building… I’m POSITIVE u WILL NOT BE MISSED u stupid lonely UGLY BITCH!! Hahaa… I’m better *THAN* you!! Or as your DUMBASS would say – Dogs are more loved *then* you are LMAO.. BITCH please.. hahaha contradiction much???

December 5, 2010 at 1:27 am
(32) Manda says:

Jenelle is a piece of crap! That does not mean ALL teen moms are! Some girls actually grow up and take responsibility for their child. Giving your child up for adoption or having an abortion is a decision everyone has to make on their own. I believe if you choose to keep the baby, then you choose to give up EVERYTHING that has to do with yourself and give your ALL to that child and if you can’t do that then you should choose another route! Mainly use protection! Educate yourself and make good decisions. Every individual is different so no one can say that EVERY teen mom is gonna be a crappy mom, or that every teen marriage is going to fail. That is not true. However, girls like Jenelle should definitely keep their legs closed! That poor baby will be the one to suffer! That’s the sad part! When you are a parent, you give up your life to do everything for that child! It is no longer about you! I just wish girls would realize that so sweet innocent babies would stop suffering!

December 5, 2010 at 1:30 am
(33) Jenna A says:

It’s amusing how bloggers attack each other on “spelling,” faulty presuppositions towards opposing opinions, circular reasoning, the list goes on and on.

The point is everyone is entitled to their opinion. Here’s mine: this is a very sad and depressing show.

Rosi I have to commend you for your honesty and I think your statement have weight. Not all teen moms are irresponsible, but most are psychologically incapable and lack financial security to take on a full time vocation as a parent. Again most does not equal to All. It’s fortunate these kids have some parental support.

This may be cliche, as of matter of fact it is but if you do the crime you do the time. LMAO! I hope Jenelle grows up sooner than later.

Last but not least ignorant people are unaware they are ignorant, just as stupid people do not know who they are. LMAO there is a difference. You know who you are on this blog.

Just to answer any questions: I am female, I am not a mother, I am a college graduate pursuing my juris doctor, I am not sitting in my underwear at someone’s basement but in my own apartment in NYC, I make legitimate money :) , I, I, I am very into myself LOL so I’m neither fat nor ugly, Oh and I’m an Atheist

December 8, 2010 at 8:21 pm
(34) mouse says:

Only agree with #12 pisslove. Everyone in the world needs to close their legs. STDs and 12 year old mamas are gross people. Blech. I don’t get why you’re all taking it seriously anyway. 16 and pregnant is a comedy, isn’t it? At least I know I’m always laughing like crazy. It’s fun to laugh at these young parents. Really makes my day sometimes. Comedy gold.

December 9, 2010 at 11:37 am
(35) Amy says:

Wow. Just wow. I cannot believe all the hatred and ignorance in these comments. It’s like everyone feels that they have the best opinion. How will this world ever be at peace?

I watched Janelle’s episode last night. I must say, I was appalled at her behavior. It bothered me so much that I did some google searching and found this page today. She has a lot of growing up to do. And I couldn’t believe how she acted so unattached to Jace. Her mother was right in saying that Janelle thought of Jace a dog/cat. Several times she would just say “the baby” instead of Jace.

I think a lot of why Janelle turned out to be this type of mother had nothing to do with her age… I think it had to do with her feelings toward motherhood. She wasn’t ready to become a parent… She wasn’t even excited to become a mother. She even told one of her friends that it was like being in prison. An 18 year old can be a good Mom, it just depends on how willing she is to be a mother.

I don’t know if she will ever be a good parent. Thankfully, Jace at least has his Grandmother on his side. But, will it be enough?

December 26, 2010 at 11:13 am
(36) Reed says:

This failure of a mother, daughter. human named Jenelle is an example just how stupid most of the girls in society today. They play dolls thinking how easy it is..
I found myself screaming “you dumb c&&t” over and over again. It (no I am not saying “she”) says during the episode said “how big this responsibility is…” and “… motherhood being this hard….”, “…being a mother being easy..”. WHAT????????????????????//
Since I started to watching this series I felt is a good to show during school events and this bitch might help kids maybe put of sex for a few years…
My hope is this baby is given to someone who is loved.
Reed

December 26, 2010 at 7:22 pm
(37) Courtney says:

I also saw Jenelle’s show and was upset by what saw as well. After trying to find an update on her progress, I came across this website. I am not God, so I will not judge the poor girl. I can only hope she is internally happy for making the decisions she has made.

Out of simple curiosity I searched the North Carolina Court system database to see if she had any upcoming court dates. She has been charged with Misdemeanor breaking and entering, possession of drug paraphernalia, and possession marijuana up to 1/2 ounce.

Again, I am not judging her or putting a label on all teen mothers, but I really hope her family and the state of North Carolina can provide a loving and supportive atmosphere for her child. It is sad to read that she is getting into legal trouble, especially criminally This girl does not need negativity, she needs HELP.

December 31, 2010 at 1:23 am
(38) Ashley says:

I hope that selfish, irresponsible, and disrespectful little girl gets a wake up call very soon! She not only takes her mother for granted, but she also takes her rights and responsibilities as a mother for granted. People don’t realize how quickly those rights can be TAKEN from them. She’s living in her MOTHER’S home, using her mother as a babysitter, and looking like a dead-beat in the process.

December 31, 2010 at 3:43 am
(39) Jessica says:

Rosi

How could you say you made a “responsible” decision? Abortion is not the answer abortion is murder. If you knew you were pregnant you should of never been drinking, smoking, doing drugs, or working with other chemicals. If you knew you were not ready for the responsibility of raising a child you should of either A: used some form or birth control B: used a condom or C: kept your legs closed. For all you teen moms out there keep up the good work. I had my son at 19 had my own appartment at 18 and am living a wonderful life with my son. He is my world and I could not imagine life with out him. For those who have babies and are so selffish that they dont take care of them and pawn them off on the baby’s grandma step up and take responsibility for your actions. You spred your legs not your mother.

December 31, 2010 at 5:45 pm
(40) jessica#2 says:

jenelle is a dumb bitch that shouldnt have kids ever and she is a major pothead

January 13, 2011 at 2:52 am
(41) Yohanna says:

Yo that girl jenelle is damn sexy! I don’t think shes a bad mom at all. She just a teen mom just like me! I raised my baby at 16 no help from ne one else besides my self. And so what if she likes to party! I did 2! I smoked weed 2! And my baby girls fine! Word to all you single sexy mamas out there!

January 13, 2011 at 8:44 pm
(42) PINAPPLE says:

@Brittni, u are such a stupid,dumb-ass, whore. Shut the f*ck up because thats not true. Not every teenager is having sex shut the f*ck up u retard. SOME TEENAGERS, unlike you, are smart and doing the right thing by NOT having sex. Its called ABSTINENCE.They teach you about that in school, but not like YOU would know, cause you have no education. Its not ‘everybody makes mistakes’ .no. YOU made the desicion to have un-protected sex. YOU made the desicion not to think rationally about your actions, and how it will afect you. Yes, when you are young u are CARELESS, exactly. But its not a mistake. You cant get pregnant by ‘mistake’ cause that would just say that the baby is a mistake. You can say you weren’t INTENDING it to happen but never a mistake. UNLESS there was a hole in the condom or if you forgot to take your birth control pill. Whatever the case may be. So shut the f*ck up and close ur damn legs.

January 13, 2011 at 8:55 pm
(43) Ariel says:

I’m 16 years old and I have a full-life ahead of me. I DO want kids but not NOW. I’m still very young. I want to finish college first and find the right man,who I will marry and have kids. I dont want to end up being a single teen mother, like any of these people.

January 14, 2011 at 9:37 am
(44) dinesha says:

i love her part of the showw thank goodd she realize wat it isssss ha

January 14, 2011 at 10:45 am
(45) Jen says:

Jenelle needs major help and I am sick of watching her wine that she is Jace’s mother. No Jenelle your mom is his mom because you are to busy hanging out with friends partying and sleeping in. You had him not your mother. I was a teen mom with 2 kids and I grew up moved out and did what I had to do for my kids. Why don’t you do the same instead of making an ass out of your self all over tv. Grow up. If I was your mother you would be kicked out of my house and the baby would stay with me. And I would fight till the end till he was in my custody. The show proves you don’t want much to do with your son. Makes me sick knowing everything else comes before your child. You don’t act like a mother and you need to hear this and alot more. Grow up and be a mother to your child and let your mother be the grandma. You need to give your mother respect and stop treating her the way you do. She provides for your son and your dumb ass. You probably have pissed off anybody that watches the show and your friends should be more respectful towards you knowing you have a child now. If you didn’t want to grow up so fast maybe you shouldn’t have been having sex, Think about it. I wish I could have one day with you!

January 14, 2011 at 11:09 am
(46) Lynn says:

I completely agree that Jenelle needs to grow up and take care of her child, but she IS a teen and her mother is not helping her grow up. Jenelle’s mother is very controlling and manipulative. She handicaps Jenelle. She is emotionally abusive and pushes Jenelle’s buttons. She needs to be helpful, kind and supportive, even when Jenelle is immature and unreasonable. Shouldn’t all parents be patient and forgiving of their children’s mistakes? I totally see what a selfish brat Jenelle is, but her mother is the one that raised her and shaped her. If she actually wants Jenelle to mature she would not treat her like she does. I think Jenelle’s mom wants to mother Jenelle’s baby and control Jenelle at the same time. She takes him from Jenelle, insists on feeding him and changing his diaper. I do see why Jenelle wants to escape all of the time; it seems as though her mother has always been controlling and manipulative. It seems as though there was never any escaping her before, leading to the situation they are currently in. I am not a psychologist, but these people need counseling. I cannot believe how we display people like this on tv and do nothing to get to the root of the problem and help them. Do people really think it’s okay for Jenelle’s mother to treat her like that? Most importantly, that poor baby is growing up in that environment, often screaming at each other while holding him. Someone needs to help these people!!!!!! AGAIN, I see that Jenelle is selfish, immature and irresponsible, but they BOTH need help.

January 24, 2011 at 2:03 am
(47) jaime says:

ok theres nothing wrong with being a teen parent ok. im fifteen and my son Eric was just born and his dad isnt in the picture and im doin just fine supporting him myslef.by myself no help ok. i still go to high school and take care of him and my lil sis and help my mom with eveything. lay off teen moms were some of the best parents and were doing good