1. Entertainment

Kara DioGuardi's Husband Shows Up in Idol Audience

By February 25, 2010

Kara Dioguardi and husbandAfter his wife went crazy over American Idol contestant Casey James last night (more about that here), Kara Dioguardi's husband showed up in the audience on Thursday night -- perhaps to keep an eye on the situation.

Mike McCuddy, who is a general contractor who Kara met when he worked on the house next door to hers, was pointed out by Ryan at the start of the show.

He seems to be having fun with the situation, though some viewers thought he would be none too happy with his wife's flirting. "If I was Kara's husband I would be sooo pissed at her right now!," one reader commented after last night's episode.

Kara and Mike have been married since July, 2009.

Photo of Kara and husband Mike McCuddy by John Shearer/Getty Images.

Comments

February 26, 2010 at 1:37 am
(1) Rosie says:

I just wanted to comment on Kara’s husband being at week 1…Thursday’s elimination. I think her husband SHOULD NOT have been there. To me it looks like he is insecure and maybe jealous. Kara is a very smart women who seems to be very in love with her husband, and so why not make her job as a judge on American Idol be fun. Casey is juicy, and she is a women who knows when she sees a attractive man!! I LOVE YOU KARA, YOU ROCK!!!

February 26, 2010 at 9:54 am
(2) Ayun says:

I agree with you Rosie, it’s just not cool!
Casey is just for fun on TV, and it’s also fun for us watching Kara went crazy like that :) )

February 26, 2010 at 8:43 pm
(3) elizabeth says:

if i was caesy i wound stop this and when he sang a song to her that was get weird and if i was mike i wound be so mad at kara and caesy shound now that he is flrting with a married women. and also caesy kara gets think your cute she does not like he that whay so caes shound get suck it. caesy is soooooooooooooooooooooo not hot but he not ulgy but he is also a fat face cause he shound be like he is not been dang on the ground from mike and if you are reading the caesy you shound gets work on your sing ps- i will vote for you if you stop this now and i vote a lot that how cris allen won casue of me and my friends 2 hours of vote so just think about that

February 27, 2010 at 3:49 am
(4) News Feeds Online says:

I’m sorry Elizabeth but I could not understand your English. Where are you from? Well anyway, I guess Kara’s husband is not really that jealous, he just went there to check things out and show to the world that they should stop pushing Kara towards Casey because she’s got a nice and loving husband.

February 27, 2010 at 7:43 am
(5) Lou says:

Oh come on now. Kara and Mike are happily married. Yes Kara has a little crush on Casey but that doesn’t mean she loves him. She’s in love with Mike and as for him being jealous…as if! Idol are just playing on this scenario to get viewers, publicity and ratings and look it’s working.

March 3, 2010 at 6:56 pm
(6) jenny says:

Kara has become so annoying this season. She exudes this self-righteous aura when critiquing the contestants. I mean c’mon, is she really that great of an artist herself? Can she do what these kids are doing? And what is this thing with Simon? She is trying too hard to hava an alliance with him or prove that she has an alliance with him…sickening!

March 7, 2010 at 3:16 pm
(7) Tina says:

OMG Her husband is allowed to be in the audience if he wants atleast hes supportinq his wife c’mon it shows ‘he is insecure and jealous’ paleez

March 14, 2010 at 11:52 am
(8) C says:

I think that Kara shouldn’t be flirting as much but you know what? It’s actually cute. And also it’s for PUBLICITY!!! So it doesn’t mean it means anything. Besides her husband can watch american idol on TV. He doesn’t need to be insecure. If he can’t trust Kara then how can she trust him.

March 17, 2010 at 12:37 pm
(9) Cheryl says:

I think Kara is like a school girl, and should grow up!
She also protrays that she is afraid to set to close to Ellen, does she not like her? I love Idol but sometimes I just don’t understand Kara’s demurer.

March 17, 2010 at 10:50 pm
(10) carly says:

Why is it that Kara does not interact with Ellen at all. Is she a big homophobe? Maybe she’s attracted to Ellen? ha. And the way she is schmoozing up to Simon now that Paula is gone is just plain wierd. If I were Ellen I would be wondering why I’m being dissed.

March 28, 2010 at 11:18 am
(11) Kevinlyto says:

i just like Kara, but all about Casey, i think its a joke to make the season interesting and of course unforgetable.., i mean, season 9., kara and Casey…aint much..and then am so diasppointed if its true that she disses Elen, i love them both and mostly Elen, down to earth girl..!!! Kara give Elen attention , shes good just like u..interact..u can sit next to her at times..

April 17, 2010 at 11:39 pm
(12) Bev says:

Actually, this year I was thinking that Kara & Simon were an item, they can’t seem to take their eyes off each other. I didn’t know she was married