1. Entertainment

Amazing Race Season 16 Winners: Our Parents Were in Complete Shock

By May 10, 2010

Rhode Island bothers Dan and Jordan Pious were crowned the winners of The Amazing Race last night - and their parents couldn't be prouder. The siblings said they watched the season finale at a viewing party attended by cast members and their mother and father.

"Our parents were with us," Jordan said during an interview with Regis and Kelly this morning. "They had no idea. Sitting at the edge of their seats."

Jordan said his parents were in "complete shock" when it was revealed that their boys had won the top prize. "I don't think my dad could get up from his seat. I'm like "Dad, give me a hug. We just won a million dollars,'" Jordan said. "He's like 'You've got to help me. I can't even move.'"

Earlier in the morning, Dan and Jordan's mother Lezli Pious helped present the $1 million check to her sons during CBS's The Early Show.

What do you think of the latest reality TV winners? Let me know in the comments!

Comments

May 10, 2010 at 1:06 pm
(1) barista 1 says:

Awful winners. ….they cheated. It’s great to be competitive and creative but to down right cheat…unacceptable.

May 10, 2010 at 3:01 pm
(2) Ben says:

Amazing winners! Congrats to Dan and Jordan! In addition to winning they completed the most difficult challenge ever; build a champagne glass tower and pour champagne on it.

May 10, 2010 at 6:43 pm
(3) Stacy says:

despise them..didn’t want them to win..whiners and cheaters

May 10, 2010 at 6:43 pm
(4) karenS says:

Didn’t deserve to win. The cowboys played it fair and square the whole game and are the real winners.

May 11, 2010 at 1:28 pm
(5) Pam Fegley says:

Didn’t deserve to win. Cowboys played a fair game and deserve the win. If I were the parents of the brothers, I could not be prould of cheaters! Million dollars or not, the parents of the cowboys have EVERY reason to be proud of their boys!!!

May 12, 2010 at 5:19 am
(6) amelia says:

support the cowboys team forever!! they’re the real winners!!

May 16, 2010 at 2:22 pm
(7) RC says:

I’ll not watch the show again unless they give the cash to the rightful winners.