1. Entertainment

Who Won America's Got Talent? The America's Got Talent Winner Is Revealed

By September 15, 2010

Michael GrimmThe season finale of America's Got Talent aired Wednesday night -- and, of course, one contestant went home $1 million richer.

So, who won America's Got Talent? Who gets the money and a headlining show in Vegas?  The America's Got Talent winner is...Michael Grimm. The soulful singer, who some viewers didn't expect would beat 10-year-old breakout star Jackie Evancho,was at a loss for words after hearing the news. "Is this for real?" he said.

Jackie Evancho, whose grown-up voice blew the judges away throughout the competition, had a bit more to say after Michael won the prize. "This experience has been amazing," she said. "I've loved every moment that I've been doing it. I just hope that I will be able to sing for you again."

Michael Grimm has said he plans to use the prize money to help his grandparents, who lost everything in Hurricane Katrina.

Thoughts: Did the right contestant win? Are you bummed that Jackie (or Prince Poppycock or Fighting Gravity) didn't take home the prize? Let us know in the comments!

Comments

September 15, 2010 at 10:11 pm
(1) Perry says:

Completely disappointed if I went to Vegas to see a show I wouldn’t want to see a concert! Fighting gravity should have won this show! They were the only ones worth paying to go see!

September 16, 2010 at 2:47 am
(2) jaydee says:

Only one worth paying to see…….. except when they totally screw it up.

September 15, 2010 at 10:13 pm
(3) Kaleb5902 says:

I am so mad that fighting gravity didn’t win and I am also mad because another SINGER it has been that way for three years!!!!!! For once a unique act should have won like Fighting Gravity

September 16, 2010 at 12:25 am
(4) Alice says:

Jackie is so remarkable that she will surely be heard somewhere else- This is like when Adam Lambert didnt win Amerian Idol-completely nuts! And look whos teh bigger hit now–Adam or whoever beat him–does anyone remember who that was?

September 15, 2010 at 10:14 pm
(5) Headhunter says:

Way to go Michael!! Rock on!

September 16, 2010 at 2:58 pm
(6) joan says:

i.m glad michel won he has abeautiful voice .but the only thing is you will here of him for a while then you won,t ,just like last years winner where is he know? but if not michel gravity should of been the big winner because they are veges material

September 15, 2010 at 10:15 pm
(7) Robin says:

It should have been Jackie! Her talent far outshines any of the other wonderful finalists.

September 15, 2010 at 10:55 pm
(8) THE KID says:

Jackie E. is the true winner here, so say I, because if they had given her the prize they would have used her as a puppet to make $$$
Let that little angel grow up and not ruin her life and voice for the producers. Jackie will be back in her own time , she is a beautiful and truly gifted person. Her star will rise in time NO doubt about it… You have a gift sweetie and do not be sad or feel that you lost, by not winning here you will shine in your own time ; ))

September 16, 2010 at 1:40 am
(9) Mary says:

VERY true! I can’t believe they gave it to a guy who is “just another singer” in the talent pool. She is ridiculously talented!

September 15, 2010 at 10:16 pm
(10) Don says:

While both Grimm and Evancho are amazing talents deserving recording contracts, neither is a Vegas headline act. Either Fighting Gravity or Poppycock would make great continuing headliners, Gravity in the style of Blue Man Group and Poppycock in the style of Liberace. How a 10-year-old could even be considered as a headliner in Vegas is beyond me. Her bedtime would be before her curtain call! Too bad people voted for who they liked rather than who could do the job.

September 15, 2010 at 11:28 pm
(11) jasper says:

Hoppycock is trash…he does belong in vegas though…as a freelance pole smoker.

September 16, 2010 at 2:49 am
(12) jaydee says:

Neither Poppycock or the college boys would make it in Vegas or anywhere else if they mess up as badly as Tuesday.

September 18, 2010 at 11:08 pm
(13) emily says:

jaydee what is wrong with you? Let’s see you come up with a flawless act in just a couple days? Be honest that they were pretty impressive considering what they do and the time limit they had to come up with a new act in. Jackie…awesome but, she will make it somewhere else. Poppycock equally great, but will probably get a show as well. Grimm, so so, but should have been on idol. Fighting Gravity you guys are outstanding and I am sure if given a few more days would have perfected thier routine. They are exactly what Vegas shows are all about.

September 15, 2010 at 10:17 pm
(14) Allie says:

I am acually very disappointed that fighting gravity or Jackie evevancho didn’t win. Michael Grimm could’ve been on American idol however jackie and fighting gravity couldn’t. They were also much better then Michael Grimm. Michael sang like most singers now while Jackie was gifted and fighting gravity was like nothing anyone has ever seem before. I also likes prince poppycott. He was a real character and it was exciting to watch him preform. He was different, original and just amazing to watch. If I had to choose a winner though it would be without a doubt fighting gravity. Even though they ddidnt win I can really see them getting far and preforming somewhere. All in all the contestants did a fantastic job.

September 15, 2010 at 10:17 pm
(15) timothy says:

That girl had way more potential.

September 15, 2010 at 10:17 pm
(16) Alex says:

WHAT?? OF COURSE A CONCERT IS A VEGAS SHOW ESPECIALLY WITH A SINGER LIKE MICHEAL GRIMM IM GLAD HE WON HUMBLE AND TALENTED. EVACHO WAS AMAZING TOO SHE IS YOUNG HER TIME WILL COME SHE IS VERY TALENTED VERY HARD SHE WILL GET OVER LOOKEDCHEERS

September 16, 2010 at 2:50 am
(17) jaydee says:

Well stated.

September 15, 2010 at 10:17 pm
(18) kym says:

That’s crap its got to be fixed. He wasn’t that good Ill save my $ and see a real performer. I think Grim needs to stick to coffee houses.

September 15, 2010 at 10:18 pm
(19) in chgo says:

It’s all fixed anyway.. just let hollywood continue to play their mind games.

September 16, 2010 at 12:00 am
(20) jasper says:

Americas Got Talent, but NBC’s got them by the short hairs.

September 15, 2010 at 10:18 pm
(21) Adam says:

Prince Poppycock should have won. He can sing and put on a show. america chose a guy that can’t even write his own songs. he also lost to Jackie (whatever) and she did nothing, she stood there singing other peoples songs just like Michael. i thought Fighting Gravity would have made it but no. Prince Poppycock may have sang other peoples songs but he could but on a show that was for Vegas audiences. i would like to put full blame on Piers for the results. And this show is Americas Got Talent and there is NO American judges. does that make any since. I am 100% American and i should be a judge for my own countries so called talent, not the British and some Canadian. give me a break

September 15, 2010 at 10:49 pm
(22) Sharon says:

Haha! Excellent point! And I’m a Canadian, 100%! there really should be 1 American, at least! They should bring back the Dean Martin impersonator! (aka the tipsy guy!!!)

September 16, 2010 at 1:44 am
(23) Britney says:

some canadian??…I bet your 600lbs eating out of a lap n snack haha typical AMERICAN

September 16, 2010 at 2:54 am
(24) jaydee says:

Of course Michael can & does write his own works. Original works are not performed on AGT or AI because all copyrights then go to AGT, not the author. Go listen to some of Michael’s original works on cds.
You don’t have a clue about talent & couldn’t hack it as a judge. Take your marbles and go home, you whining little cry-baby

September 15, 2010 at 10:19 pm
(25) karen says:

I totally voted for fighting gravity….they should have won. Soulful singers are a dime a dozen.

September 15, 2010 at 10:21 pm
(26) Michaelrocks says:

The right person might not have won, but he does have talent. I love to see those who have and come from not very much! Vegas is not the place for little Jacki she will still be a star though! As for fighting gravity and prince poppycock they probably already have someone wanting them to perform in Vegas!!! Go Michael you tha man

September 15, 2010 at 10:21 pm
(27) mia123abcd says:

go fighting gravady i wish they won

September 15, 2010 at 10:23 pm
(28) blueflier says:

I didn’t watch the show except for this week (people at work had been going on about Poppycock, Fighting Gravity and Jackie), and from this week only, the only “flawless” performance was Michael Grimm — he was really good. Someone should have told Jackie that last year’s second place winner also sang Ave Maria…perhaps while it is a technically difficult song to sing, it doesn’t translate to Vegas show very well.

So, just from my limited viewing this year, I guess the right person won if you judge it just on last night’s performance…

September 15, 2010 at 10:23 pm
(29) Jack_Night says:

well… this is very disappointing. I wouldn’t mind so much if Jackie won, but Michael Grimm is just another one of those people who will get a record deal after this is over, possibly guest star on a Disney show, and so on. Groups like Fighting Gravity should be the main focus on the show, if you want to sing, go to American Idol. Prince Poppycock on the other hand, was more for the show not the singing. All in all, Fighting Gravity should have won.

September 16, 2010 at 2:43 am
(30) jaydee says:

poppycock is more for the show, not the singing? – because he can’t sing very strongly. FG should have won? – because only one of the guys really screwed up last time, the others were sometimes in synch, not always. Mediocre just isn’t good enough. Get over the Idol crap, AGT wants singers, who the heck are you to whine about the rules.

September 15, 2010 at 10:25 pm
(31) cyberjunky says:

Prince Poppycock should have won. He can totally put on a great performance.

September 15, 2010 at 11:29 pm
(32) jasper says:

Yeah…probably in a bathhouse or a truck stop.

September 15, 2010 at 10:25 pm
(33) so wrong says:

This is so wrong singers should not be allowed in America’s got talent, they should compete in American idol just like the rest of the singers. where the competition is tuffer.
This show should only be reserved for other great talents.

September 15, 2010 at 11:08 pm
(34) Brenda says:

Tell that to Susan Boyle! Is everyone forgetting that there is an age limit on American Idol and there is NOT one for America’s Got Talent hence the reason Susan Boyle at the age of 47 was able to enter and WIN

September 16, 2010 at 1:44 am
(35) Mary says:

Ummm… Susan Boyle didn’t win… she came in 2nd.

September 15, 2010 at 10:25 pm
(36) Me in NYC says:

Fighting Gravity or Jackie Evancho should have won. Michael Grimm is such a depressing singer -same as the winner from last year. I think this competition is a fix and that Jackie had the most votes and should have won. What a disappointment. I demand a recount!!!

September 16, 2010 at 7:22 pm
(37) PriceWater says:

Like the Kennedy assassination the actual count is locked away for National Security reasons and won’t be revealed for at least 50 years.

September 15, 2010 at 10:29 pm
(38) justin says:

What in the world… Fighting Gravity is the type of show that needs to grace Vegas with it’s presence. Vegas has all types of singers and dancers but they don’t have a show like Fighting Gravity. They will be in Vegas even though they didn’t win.

While Jackie is AMAZING at only 10 years of age but what happens in 3 years? As she gets older I think that the pizazz of a young opera singer loses it’s luster.

Whatever it is what it is and congrats to Grimm. I am making a special trip to Vegas to see Fighting Gravity when their show opens.

September 15, 2010 at 10:32 pm
(39) Poppy Chou says:

No kidding!!!!!!
Who won?????????
Lets see the numbers!!!!!!
Jackie is better than the rest!!!!!

September 16, 2010 at 1:48 am
(40) Mary says:

I know… this was a total joke. Did they really want to crown the most talented act in America, or did they just want to find a Vegas lounge act?

September 15, 2010 at 10:35 pm
(41) cb says:

I think the right one won.

September 15, 2010 at 11:43 pm
(42) jasper says:

The network execs and puppet masters agree.

September 15, 2010 at 10:35 pm
(43) leo pelliccia says:

unbelievable – shows what the american public consider talent – michael grimm over jackie evancho? michael has talent sure but he’s just another singer – jackie evancho is one in a billion – perfect example why the judging should not be done by the public – i will stop watching these shows for good.

September 16, 2010 at 1:35 am
(44) Mary says:

I agree completely.

September 15, 2010 at 10:35 pm
(45) Pam says:

They were all talented this year. I would have been happy with any one of them.

September 15, 2010 at 10:39 pm
(46) all4jjl says:

So irritated that Michael Grimm won-biggest mistake! He shouldn’t have even made it to the top 4-heck, he shoudlnt have even made it through because he over sang his set at auditions. What a waste of money and space in Vegas

September 15, 2010 at 10:41 pm
(47) Charlotte Hastings says:

the winner won!!!!!

September 15, 2010 at 10:42 pm
(48) Dana says:

I expected anybody to win except Michael

September 15, 2010 at 10:51 pm
(49) BayDweller says:

Poppycock should be on Broadway… Fighting Gravity should get a show at Disney, Universal, Vegas or Branson…and Jackie Evancho WILL get a contract as well. Michael Grimm deserved to win and is far better than the chicken farmer that won last year.

September 15, 2010 at 11:59 pm
(50) jasper says:

Grimm was a pity piece for the hurricane Katrina “victims”.
He’s a dime a dozen. Why has AGT lost two judges over the past 2 seasons? Figure it out.

September 15, 2010 at 11:18 pm
(51) Load of Poppycock says:

Prince Puppydog should have won. He is the only true Vegas showman/showperson.

September 15, 2010 at 11:21 pm
(52) Piers M. says:

The finals are molded to the producers ideals.

September 15, 2010 at 11:29 pm
(53) leo pelliccia says:

and unfortunately the results are molded by the american public.

September 15, 2010 at 11:48 pm
(54) Flamer says:

J.E won’t get over looked in the opera world……for those that don’t know, look at charlotte church also a young singer….now a blooming lady still singing strong and NOT overlooked….

September 16, 2010 at 12:06 am
(55) leo pelliccia says:

IIt is so obvious why Michael Grimm won. He won not because he was better, but because millions of teenage girls voted for him. Do you think teenage girls will vote for a female ten year old opera singer?

September 16, 2010 at 12:08 am
(56) Sherry says:

While Michael Grimm is an ok singer, I can’t help but think he sounds exactly like Michael Bolton and his rendition of “When a man love a woman,” well I rest my case! Jackie E’s wonderful and I’m sure we will be seeing and hear more from her in the very near future and beyond, Poppycock might make it on Broadway, but Fighting Gravity, now that’s a Vegas act. I’d spend a bundle on to see them or Jackie, but wouldn’t waste time or money on Grimm
Michael seems like a nice enough fellow and I hope he enjoys his 15 minutes as I suspect he won’t be around much longer than that! Point in case, can anyone even remember the name of last years winner?

September 16, 2010 at 2:46 am
(57) jaydee says:

First you compare him to Bolton, then to Skinner. showing us all that you don’t know much about music. Get over it.

September 16, 2010 at 12:12 am
(58) Steve says:

Jackie should have won. If they did not want a little girl in Vegas, they shouldn’t have let her compete in this competition. She won hands down.

September 16, 2010 at 12:19 am
(59) leo pelliccia says:

Another reason he won is because the shows producers are not stupid. They know the wrong decision in picking Grimm as the winner will spark mega controversy and that will translate into more curious viewers next year.

September 16, 2010 at 12:33 am
(60) RIGHT ON says:

BINGO LEO. I VOTE FOR YOU!

September 16, 2010 at 12:46 am
(61) RIGHT ON says:

EVEN MICHAEL’S COMMENT SAYS IT ALL “IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING?”

September 16, 2010 at 2:50 am
(62) blood says:

America voted for what they thought was the best performer….period. Why blame the judges. Michael and little mama were most consistent in my opinion although fighting gravity was hot as well. It was a toss up.

September 16, 2010 at 5:46 am
(63) winnie says:

America voted,I believe that the hard luck stories should be left out of this TALENT show.Alli and Christina were good but how come Miss Ridley was not in the final 10, and if a lot of you find that Jackie was too young then the producers should take note and restict the age to perform, because in my opinion Jackie is a rare gem,and as Sarah Brightman said her voice should be preserved,her future is bright.Well done Jackie and may God bless you.

September 16, 2010 at 6:42 am
(64) SK says:

He received a lot of sympathy votes because of his demeanor. Should have been either Jackie or Fighting Gravity. Very disappointed with the results. America can’t seem to get their heads around to other talents apart from singing. Sad, really.

September 16, 2010 at 9:00 am
(65) Ryan says:

Very disappointed, This is Americas got talant not American idol, singers shouldnt even be allowed to compete. Over and over again judges have stated they were looking for a vagas act. Dont get me wronge he was a very good singer but again HOW IS THIS A VEGAS ACT.? Jackie won me over and should have won on pure talant seeing she is as younge as she is . If they were looking for a vagas act D. Gravity deff should have taking this home. All aside when is Jackie coming to town, I will deff spend the money to see her perform.

September 16, 2010 at 9:26 am
(66) Lynn says:

Way to go, Michael! America has spoken and you are the WINNER, ignore the negative comments, you DESERVE the TITLE fair and square!

September 16, 2010 at 9:43 am
(67) Smiffy says:

I’m sick of hearing the excuse that Jackie wouldn’t be able to be a headlining act in Vegas.Who cares?I was casting my vote for the most talented and she was the most talented,who cares if she could have an act in Vegas?.I would have voted for fighting gravity if they would have had a good final performance but they did not,their final performance was lame.Prince Poppycock is just a fairy,a very flamboyant homosexual,very nauseating.He has a great future in the gay bars.I don’t belive that Jackie Evancho didn’t get the most votes and I wonder why they don’t ever tell you what the final vote tally’s are.It is because it is all rigged that’s why.

September 16, 2010 at 11:36 am
(68) bree says:

it seems funny that the ratings for this show went up when jackie came on. to me that seems that america loved her. every song she sang received a standing ovation. micheal was good but jackie should have won, oh well their loss, she will be a star. and americas got talent dropped the ball.

September 16, 2010 at 12:08 pm
(69) David says:

A disgrace !!
The you opera singer Jackie was far and away the best singer and the most talented contestant.
Listening to her sing made the hair on the back of my neck stand up and tingle …. what a voice !!
BUT how could she do a headline show in Vegas at 10 years old.
It was a rip-off because of age. She should have got the milllion bucks and the other guy should have got the Vegas gig.

September 16, 2010 at 12:14 pm
(70) Linda Loyd says:

What is wrong with America? YES- the right person did win America’s Got Talent! I knew he should win the first time I heard him sing. He has a voice that should be shared with all of us. Also, the three runner ups are signing contracts I am sure as I am typing this. It is such a honor to have made to the top 4 that there really is no loser. Quit complaining and enjoy the voice that we will be hearing now. I am sure there will be more Prince Poppycock and Jackie, and Fighting Gravity for us to go see> Way to go Michael, make us proud and DO NOT change your style of singing which has been a mistake made so often from the past. Congrats to a fantastic artist!

September 16, 2010 at 12:48 pm
(71) Violina says:

I’ve heard great points. The show is definitely called America’s Got Talent. Singing in my opinion is indeed a talent. Yes there is American Idol but they don’t want just a singer they want an Idol and therefore are age restrictive as well as restricting in other ways. It just happens AGT chose Vegas as the primary career launch pad. They should call it America’s Vegas Headliner if that’s what’s really wanted and restrict age limits and certain acts not considered to be Vegas material if that’s what’s really wanted. Ideally I wish only sheer talent could really be the focal point. I wish AGT would launch the winner in an environment custom fit for that person, whether it be Vegas, Broadway, Nashville, Hollywood or just on an album. That being said, I would certainly go see opera featuring Jackie in Vegas. I would also go see FG if they have time to polish their act. They have great imaginations and created a very unique show, but frankly they did mess up on the final act. I would have been much more impressed if it had gone off without a hitch and they had been in sync. It would have been smarter to go with a less complicated yet flawless routine. I would not go see Poppycock in Vegas. Not quite my cup of tea. I do think he’d be a great asset to broadway though. Grimm, now don’t get me wrong, I love his voice and the emotion he can bring into a song, but I don’t know if I’d go see him if I was in Vegas. I would definitely go see him if he came to perform in my town or one nearby, and I can definitely see myself buying his music. What is boils down to for me is that Grimm, Poppycock, and FG do have talent, but I don’t think it would be impossible to find other people who could step into their shoes and potentially do just as well if not better with some hard work and maybe some coaching. I couldn’t, quite frankly, see myself go out of my way to see any of them. Jackie on the other hand is pure raw talent, wherever she ends up, I want to see this girl.

September 16, 2010 at 1:07 pm
(72) Surprised says:

The $ means virtually nothing in winning…it comes out to about $25K/ year over 40 years, or I estimate about $175K, when all is said and done, if they take it in lump sum. So I don’t believe that had much to do with the final decision. I completely agree that who won had nothing to do with actual # of votes by ‘American public’. I think they selected Grimm so that they could have one more act to have their hand in the marketing of over the future. The other 3 should be able to move forward and earn revenue regardless of last night, but Grimm would have most likely faded away, forgotten, had he not actually won. Now they have 4 sources of future $$ and interest in the AGT brand rather than three.

September 16, 2010 at 4:00 pm
(73) Ed Dranchak says:

Jackie Evancho should have won it. Grimm won on the symapthy for his grandparents. He got the sympathy vote.
Jackie was the star through out the show. Amazing voice and stage talent for a 10 year old. Very unfair to her.

September 16, 2010 at 4:34 pm
(74) Theresa daddono says:

Jackie will go far with her voice, I personally think she is too young to be appearing in Vegas. She should have have a normal up bring, if this is possible..Michael will only have this one chance. We will hear from both of them in the near future.congrats Michael. Theresa

September 16, 2010 at 5:06 pm
(75) SEJ says:

FIGHTING GRAVITY SHOULD HAVE WON..I VOTED. I WAS SO BUMMED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

September 16, 2010 at 6:07 pm
(76) Shelly says:

Michael was my pick from the first time I heard him sing. The reason I am not bummed that the others, though deserving, didn’t win is: Piers told Fighting Gravity they will be in a Vegas show. Jackie will obviously have a career. And I’m convinced that Prince Poppycock will be picked up by Vegas or Broadway. I think it’s a huge win for all 4 finalists.

September 16, 2010 at 6:35 pm
(77) Karen Younkin says:

I loved Michael Grimm!!!!! I get the goosebumps when I listen to him. It was his time. He’s the best of the 4.l.

Hoorah!!!! Way to go…………………….

September 16, 2010 at 8:00 pm
(78) John says:

I don’t know if we will watch AGT again after last night, what can we say but the fix is in. Jackie was hands down the winner, but because of her age… Travisty.

September 16, 2010 at 8:02 pm
(79) Linda says:

Only people who sing have talent? I can’t imagine Mike or Jackie headlining a show that anyone would want to pay to see. Unbelievable- I will not watch this show again.

September 17, 2010 at 12:18 am
(80) Chris says:

Fighting Gravity should have won. Creative, fascinating, engaging, they rock!

September 17, 2010 at 12:47 am
(81) WANDA says:

JACKIE WAS ADORABLE. SHE HAD A FANTASTC VOICE AND SHE WILL BE A STAR. I WONDERED IF ANYBODY WAS HELPING HER THE LOSS. SHE HAS HER WHOLE LIFE AHEAD. SHE NEEDS TO BE A CHILD A LITTLE LONGER. MAYBE SHE CAN SING ENOUGH TO KEEP HER VOICE BUT YOUR ONLY 10 ONCE. SHE HANDLED HERSELF BEAUTIFULLY.

September 17, 2010 at 3:03 am
(82) Reigh says:

Well, I’m sure everybody knows who’s one of the producers of the show, I’m not going to name names. He’s a guy who always wants to make money from his talent discoveries. Tell me, how much do you think would he be able to make money of Jackie Evancho? Maybe a cd or two? Like Susan Boyle. These people are operatic singers, which has a limited audience. How about fighting gravity, just like “Blue Man ” group, they’re going to be restricted in a venue, the audiences are also limited. How much money do you think can they make for this producer? I don’t know but not like if you can sell a current singer to young and old alike especially to teenagers. So basically, this is all based on finding a talent they can make the most money with. I bet Jackie E. had the most number of votes. There is no official count. Nobody knows the number of votes. They never revealed any independent firm that tallies the vote, have they? I don’t think so. I don’t know, just my 2 cents. Another 2 cents of mine is sometimes, showing too much partiality for a contestant by the audiences, or the judges or the viewers can be disastrous because the voters tend to get relaxed on that contestant and not vote anymore because they know he/she is already the winner. While for the other contestants, voters favoring them is still working hard at it to make their pick win. I think that’s what happened in the past American Idols, Dancing with the… and AGT’s. People expected the obvious winner to win, but just to be disappointed because it didn’t turned out to be. I don’t know, after all, what do I know. Everybody has their own opinion, I’m entitled to one.

September 17, 2010 at 5:37 pm
(83) J. Wagner says:

Will you listen to a singer/songwriter who has performed for thousands of people and been on the radio?

Sherry’s comments were absolutely correct.

There is no question that Michael Grimm’s voice replicates Michael Bolton. Listen to Michael Bolton singing “Love is a Wonderful Thing” on utube and then listen to Michael Grimm singing the same song to win the competition.

If the judges were Randy Jackson, Paul Abdul and Simon Cowell, I assure you they would have pointed out the obvious similarity. I was very impressed with Michael’s first performance. But as the season went on, the similarity between Grimm and Bolton was undeniable.

What do you think America?

Please listen to both interpretations of “Love is a Wonderful Thing” on utube and state your opinion regarding Grimm copying Bolton.

The credibility of the show is called into question. Either the judges didn’t recognize the obvious similarity or they failed to state the obvious on purpose.

Please state your opinon as to the similarity between both singers. I will look for your responses. And thank you
Sherry for stating the truth.

September 17, 2010 at 8:49 pm
(84) Brenda says:

I thought they were all great.Congratulations Micheal,can’t wait to hear you in Vegas someday.Jackie and defying gravity were awesome.I know they will go far.Want to be able to see them perform someday too.But only one can win.It was Micheals time to shine.

September 17, 2010 at 10:46 pm
(85) lindabrown says:

i believe hold heartedly that this voting is tampered with as michael grimm is a okay singer and a dime a dozen talent jackie echvancho gave me goose bumps and her voice brought me to tears and blew away everyone when she opened her mouth to sing, go figure why on the most important night she loses out as did susan boyle as did adam lambert as did clay aiken and you tell me this is not fixed.

September 19, 2010 at 3:39 pm
(86) Babs says:

I knew from the 1st time Michael sang that he would win this. He voice is AWESOME and I love how humble he is. If I was only 20yrs younger.

People are complaining that Fighting Gravity should of won, WHY? There was nothing but balls and white jumpsuits floating around and how could they of done an hour plus show in Vegas?

And with Jackie, that little girl has a voice but I feel she is way to young at this age to be doing shows in Vegas. She has nothing to worry about with that voice, she has a future..

September 20, 2010 at 2:39 am
(87) J.Wagner says:

I give up. All but a few such as Joy Behar are missing the critical element of the discussion. Perhaps many of you are too young to remember Michael Bolton and his vocal style.

You are debating who should have won. That is not the most critical issue. The issue is whether the judges intentionally ignored the fact that Michael’s vocal style is a replication of Michael Bolton’s vocal style. Either they are not musically savy or intentionally failed to state the obvious. If this was American Idol, Randy Jackson, Paula Abdul and Simon Cowell would have stated the obvious in the first show cautioning against sounding so much like Bolton. But the judges said absolutely nothing. Therefore, the credibility of the show is called into question.

Perhaps I should have lunch with Joy Behar, a very smart woman who understands the truth of what I’m saying.

How ’bout lunch Joy?

September 20, 2010 at 12:44 pm
(88) DeAnna says:

OMG! Fighting Gravity should have been the winners!!!! Singers (pop) shouldn’t be there, that what American Idol is for, Jackie is different (unique talent) not just a pop singer, and Fighting gravity is a VEGAS SHOW!!!! not another singer those are starting to be a dime a dozen any more please people show some originality in your votes, I wouldn’t pay one thin penny to see a singer, but I would pay to see fighting gravity or even a magician. PEOPLE NEED TO WAKE UP!!!! TALENT ISN’T SINGING!!!!!

September 20, 2010 at 7:12 pm
(89) Diane says:

i’m late on what i have to say, but i do beleive the show is fixed, all 3 of the contestants had great talent to make it to the finels, but michael grims should have been let go a long time ago he was ok but not to be in the finel 4, and always hearing about his sad story of his life and all i got sick of hearing about,…all 3 were were great and i would have paid to go see them all but michael no, to much copy cat of “joe cocker”lol

September 24, 2010 at 8:00 pm
(90) Randy says:

How on earth did another singer win this? Was it just because he had a sad story to go along with his talent bit? I’m very disappointed in America for not voting the most unique act we’ve seen since the Blue Man Group…….FIGHTING GRAVITY! Even Prince Poppycock was a more interesting act then that guy. Everyone who didn’t vote for Fighting Gravity should be ashamed of themselves.

October 5, 2010 at 11:51 pm
(91) Taylor says:

i voted for fighting gravity they were with out a doubt the best group i liked the singers but how long could i listen to it i absolutly loved fighting gravity and hope they get a show because i will buy tickets to see them

October 18, 2010 at 7:59 pm
(92) Fighting gravity crazy says:

these shows are so rigged its always a sing theat winns it and personaly i think singers should be aloud to perform there is american idol for that fighting gravity should have won they would have een a way cooler act and its something the whole family can go and watch

November 4, 2010 at 9:52 am
(93) antoinette says:

I’m happy with the outcome

January 17, 2011 at 5:48 am
(94) nix says:

Jackie should have won she is the real talent. A 10 year old girl who can sing like that only comes around once in a lifetime. I am not a great fan of classical music, but that wonderful lilttle Jackie has changed my mind, especially if all the other singers sing like she does.