1. Entertainment
Diane Anderson-Minshall

Angelea to Explain 'Top Model' Disqualification

By December 9, 2011

America's Next Top Model's Angelea Preston Angelea Preston, who was suddenly disqualified in the finale of America's Next Top Model All Stars, will reportedly "tell all" in a New York City press conference this Saturday afternoon.

Top Model producers have done little to explain her disqualification, leaving only rumors and conjecture. The most common rumor is that Preston violated her contract and revealed details about the finale before it aired.

But some critics, like Rich Juzwiak of Fourfour.typepad.com disagree. Juzwiak contends that ANTM "has no problem humiliating its contestants and making examples out of misbehavior," so Tyra Banks would just have made an example out of Preston and turned the misstep into a teaching opportunity.

Rich continues, "I have a feeling that it's something that would have shamed the show... I'd guess the secret information would have somehow revealed a lapse in background checking that would ultimately make the show look negligent for signing Angelea on in the first place."

Another possibility is that Preston could have had something come up that would make her unable to meet the requirements of the winner's contract--maybe she's ill or got a better offer from another source. But if it was something like that you'd think everyone would just say so upfront.

So, like everyone else, I've been left waiting to learn the truth.

Fortunately, it now seems we'll all learn what happened this weekend when Preston speaks.

Preston's representative reportedly told Reality TV World that she is "taking a stand in a tell-all press conference where she will explain what really happened leading up to her sudden disappearance."

What do you think she'll say tomorrow?

Photo CW

Comments

December 9, 2011 at 10:06 pm
(1) SandyD says:

I personally think that she is ill or pregnant. She was acting very strangely the last episode and after everything was done they kind of focused that she was not doing so well. I guess we all have to wait.

December 9, 2011 at 11:05 pm
(2) T says:

I think her weird behavior on the day of the final fashion show was exaggerated by selective editing. They had to re-edit the finale after Angelea was disqualified, so they would, of course, focus much more on any nerves or negative feelings she had after the show to make her exit less sudden.

December 10, 2011 at 2:58 am
(3) asdf says:

Probably some sort of sex scandel with someone producing or working on antm. that’d probably be the worst case scenario.

i don’t think she’d be so stupid as to leak information, especially if she was a past contestant on antm and knew the rules.

December 10, 2011 at 4:32 am
(4) Noa says:

First of all, it was already weired that she said she’s afraid of water and doesn’t know how to swim and then you saw her swimming and the continuing the rest of the runway. There were other holes there…
I agree that Tyra and the show have no problem making an exemple out of bad behaviour, which means the bad behaviour was THEIRS! I immidiately thought she took some drug to relief the pressure, but if that was the case, they would just say that and make an exemple out of that. The other assumption is that someone from the production gave her that drug.
I also ‘like’ the idea of sexual scandal. Whatever the case may be, it also implicates another person except her.
OR it was just a political thing, someone steped in there and forbid from giving her the title or something…
Anyway, that was WIERED at hell… I can’t wait to know what happend already, preferablly hear it from Tyra.

December 10, 2011 at 10:42 am
(5) EAB says:

I am so disappointed that Tyra didn’t give ANTM fans more of an explanation. I knew there was something up watching the “taped” show this morning. It was so crazy that Lisa won. Lisa was the last person I was hoping would win. I was really disappointed that Allison did so poorly on her pictures and GC com at least someone that wasn’t a loud mouth in your face wouldn’t have won. Lisa did so poorly on the episode for the hosting that it sealed the deal – so couldn’t be the winner! I didn’t want Angelea to win in the beginning, BUT by the end of it I was excited and thought there was a very good chance she would get the prize! I was SHOCKED that she didn’t get it. I want to know WHY. If this show is “fixed” I think I will have to stop watching!

December 10, 2011 at 1:48 pm
(6) ely moss says:

i would just like to know when it is so i can watch or read what really happened with her elmination. the ending just didnt feel right when i watched it…so its bugging me. ive never EVER been this interested with a contestant ever…u scandalous girl you…angelea <3

December 10, 2011 at 3:13 pm
(7) Noa says:

“Angelea Preston backed out of her promised press conference, caving under pressure from the network to keep quiet” – That is really dissapointing. Why can’t the audiance know what happend?

December 10, 2011 at 9:56 pm
(8) Krista says:

She must be getting heavily paid to keep silent…

The whole Tyra thing is so ridiculous…

Sooner or later- it will come out

KSS

December 11, 2011 at 2:29 am
(9) Unhyphenated says:

Probably a problem with one of the winner’s contracts. Maybe Vogue Italia or Covergirl or the model agency had a problem with her and would not fulfill their duties relating to the prizes. It’s the only reason I can see that explains the re-shooting and keeping her quiet (they probably gave her hush money) and calling it “ineligibility” and giving no explanations whatsoever.

December 15, 2011 at 3:23 am
(10) sunlove says:

I just want to say that I was very disappointed that Angeliea did not win. I really would like to know what really happened from the source. I think the fans are entitled to know.

April 26, 2012 at 6:23 pm
(11) Anji says:

It has been revealed Angelea is pregnant and married. check her facebook page angelea preston-brown

November 29, 2012 at 6:24 pm
(12) Malcolm Reid says:

I believe in my heart that Angelea really won the all star season, I was beyond disappointed that Lisa won, it was a great season with a horrifying ending, i havent watched ANTM since the all stars season and have no intention of doing so