Since the Canadian TV network CTV announced they would be airing a Canadian version of the widely popular reality competition, Amazing Race, hundreds of fans have logged onto About.com looking for information about the new show and how to join in the competition.
Unfortunately, Amazing Race Canada is not yet accepting applications. They also have yet to announce when they will start casting, what their production schedule will be, what the grand prize will be and who will serve as host to the competition.
All we know so far:
- This will be the 12th international version of Amazing Race
- The Amazing Race Canada is a Canadian-produced, complementary version of the American show.
- Unlike the American version, Amazing Race Canada will take place only within the borders of Canada.
- The show is scheduled for broadcast on CTV the summer of 2013.
- The competition is only open to Canadian citizens.
While the contestants won't be leaving Canadian soil, at least they have the fortune of being in a large country with much to offer.
As CTV says, "The Amazing Race Canada will be different in that it will explore the divergent topography and disparate locales that Canada already provides, from Vancouver Island's tropical rainforest, Alberta's parched Badlands, the peaks of the Rockies, and the barren tundra of the Great White North, to the Boreal forests of Ontario and Quebec, the sea-faring ports of the Maritimes, the fjords of Newfoundland, and the teeming metropolises and undiscovered towns in between."
If you are interested in applying, I'll post information once it becomes available. You can also visit the Amazing Race Canada website or follow the show on Twitter (@AmazingRaceCDA).
Photo © CTV.