The Bottom Line
- Jillian Michaels is on top of her game.
- The show's format works well to inspire and move viewers.
- There isn't much attention paid to the fun fact that a TV star is living in a random family home.
- Plugs for JillianMichaels.com get a bit annoying.
- Stars popular personal trainer Jillian Michaels.
- Airs Tuesday nights at 8 pm on NBC.
- Premiered June 1, 2010.
Guide Review - 'Losing it with Jillian'
At the beginning of the hour, Jillian surprises the family with a phone call to let them know that they have been chosen for the show. (Joy) Then, Jillian immediately meets them in the gym for an intense workout that rocks their world. (Frustration) Jillian later forces the family to take a deeper look at their weight issues. (Sadness) The family begins to overcome the issues that have held them back in life. (Hope) The family members change their lives and their clothing sizes. (Joy again)
It's true that the emotional roller-coaster ride is a predictable one after watching only a few episodes of the show, but that doesn't make it less exciting. Witnessing the changes that Jillian can spark in only one week is inspiring. Anyone who has ever struggled with weight or anything else will root for each new family and cheer when they are victorious in meeting their goals.
Watch Losing it with Jillian if you are a fan of television shows that spark change -- and if you're not ashamed to shed a few tears while watching a reality TV show.