Dancing With the Stars
Time and Network:
Monday nights at 8 pm EST on ABC. The Dancing with the Stars Results Show airs Tuesday nights at 9 pm ET.
June 1, 2005
What It's About:
Paired with professional dancers, celebrities train for and compete in a live television ballroom competition. Viewers are asked to vote for their favorite celeb dancer after each episode. The following night, the team with the least number of votes is eliminated. The winner of the show receives a shiny disco ball trophy. Dancing With the Stars is the US version of a hit UK reality show called Strictly Come Dancing.
Dancing With the Stars is hosted by Tom Bergeron and Brooke Burke.
- The first season's winner was General Hospital star Kelly Monaco.
- Former 98 Degrees singer Drew Lachey was the season two winner.
- Football legend Emmitt Smith was the season three winner.
- Olympic gold medalist Apolo Anton Ohno was the winner of season four.
- Race car driver Helio Castroneves was the season five champion.
- Former Olympic figure skater Kristi Yamaguchci won in season six.
- TV host Brooke Burke took home the disco ball trophy in season seven.
- Olympic gymnast Shawn Johnson was the winner of season nine.
- Entertainer Donnie Osmond was the season nine champ.
The Dancing With the Stars judges are dancers/choreographers Carrie-Ann Anaba, Len Goodman, and Bruno Tonioli.
See our Dancing With the Stars page for much more.