The Next Food Network Star In A Nutshell:
The Next Food Network Star is the reality TV search for a talented cook who deserves their own show on the Food Network.
The winner of The Next Food Network Star receives a six-episode show on The Food Network.
How The Competition Unfolds:
For season three of The Next Food Network Star (Summer 2007), the finalists participated in challenges inside and outside of the Food Network's studios. These challenges tested their talent in the kitchen, their ability to work under pressure, and their media and communication skills. On The Next Food Network Star, a selection committee decides who continues in the competition, but viewers decide who wins the grand prize.
The Selection Comittee:
Chefs from the Food Network help network execs narrow down the field of finalists. The participating Food Network stars include Rachael Ray, Bobby Flay, and Alton Brown.
Sundays at 9 pm ET/PT on the Food Network. (Summer 2007 schedule.)
The Contestants (Season Three):
- Vivien Cunha (Hermosa Beach, CA)
- Amy Finley (San Diego, CA)
- Josh Garcia (Havelock, NC)
- Tommy Grella (Methuen, MA)
- Colombe Jacobsen (New York, NY)
- Paul McCullough (Los Angeles, CA)
- Patrick Rolfe (Lake Forest Park, WA)
- Michael Salmon (Brooklyn, NY)
- Rory Schepisi (Vega, TX)
- Adrien Sharp (Jackson, MI)
- Nikki Shaw (Manhattan Beach, CA).